Clarkson Area Meet Up.

landv

Hi Folks,

We have been in Perth ( NOR ) for just over 2 months now and are slowly adjusting to our new life.:jiggy:

Perth is a great place and we love Australia but everyone who has made the emotional journey here will understand when I say that something is missing. FRIENDS!

Its harder to make them here and I feel that you really could do with like minded people for support when trying to settle into a new country and a new way of life.

I have seen a few posts on here for meet ups around Hillarys etc which is great, but I feel that it is mostly for parents and their children.

We do not have any children and I feel that we may just not fit in with the crowd...

If anyone out there wants to arrange a meet up or something, let me know.

Regards,

landv:v_SPIN:

Hi Folks,

We have been in Perth ( NOR ) for just over 2 months now and are slowly adjusting to our new life.:jiggy:

Perth is a great place and we love Australia but everyone who has made the emotional journey here will understand when I say that something is missing. FRIENDS!

Its harder to make them here and I feel that you really could do with like minded people for support when trying to settle into a new country and a new way of life.

I have seen a few posts on here for meet ups around Hillarys etc which is great, but I feel that it is mostly for parents and their children.

We do not have any children and I feel that we may just not fit in with the crowd...

Regards,

landv:v_SPIN:

Be back up there end of august mate after returning from 2 week hol in uk? , still tryin to get a rental, was up at clarko for 9 months

Hi Folks,

Hi,

We live in Clarkson too! been here 2 years, no kids!, always happy to have a "meet up" we can meet you in the Whale & Ale sometime if you like? Tomorrow afternoon any good? say 4pm ish? We'll probably be there anyway!!! If not let us know when/where is good for you.

Andy & Stacey

P.S. We're happy to organise another future "meet up" for the Northern Suburbs area if there are enough people in the same situation, (i.e. no kids! not that we have anything against families but they seem more than catered for by others!)

Please reply to this post if you are interested and if you can let us know your prefered days/times to meet up, that would be helpful!!!

Hi Andy and Stacey.

We can pop into the Whale & Ale around 4ish 2moz if thats ok with you.

Must admit this feels a little awkward, but I am sure we will get along fine.

How will we know whos who?

Sorry but I cant help laughing as I write this as we have never met up with strangers like this before.

( Blind date feeling ) Ha Ha.

Regards Leigh and Viki.

Hi Andy and Stacey.

We can pop into the Whale & Ale around 4ish 2moz if thats ok with you.

Must admit this feels a little awkward, but I am sure we will get along fine.

How will we know whos who?

Sorry but I cant help laughing as I write this as we have never met up with strangers like this before.

( Blind date feeling ) Ha Ha.

Regards Leigh and Viki.

Hi Leigh & Viki,

LMAO! :biglaugh:we know what you mean it's kind of weird & funny, but we have done it a couple of times before (that is met up with people we've never set eyes on before) and all went well, as for who is who, :idea:3 suggestions I can think of : I'll pm you my mobile number so you can text or call when you arrive to find us, or are you guys on facebook? will know what each other looks like then? Failing that I could wear a red white and blue wig!!! LOL.

Andy & Stacey

Guest ClaireandGav

Hi

My husband and I have just moved into Tapping, been in Oz for 5 weeks now and settling in a bit, but could do with meeting some people in the same situation. We have no kids and would like to meet up with couples for drinks etc, were both in our 30's from bonnie Scotland. If anyone is interested give us a shout!

Claire & Gav

Hi

My husband and I have just moved into Tapping, been in Oz for 5 weeks now and settling in a bit, but could do with meeting some people in the same situation. We have no kids and would like to meet up with couples for drinks etc, were both in our 30's from bonnie Scotland. If anyone is interested give us a shout!

Claire & Gav

Hi Claire & Gav,

We would be happy to meet up with you sometime, although Andy is sick:frown: with flu at the moment! wouldn't like to pass it on to you guys, soon as he's better we'll contact you again and arrange something and ask L and V to come along too. Are you guys on facebook? We are Andy Mann & Stacey Mann feel free to add us as friends!!!

Andy & Stacey

Hi

Claire & Gav

:jiggy:Hi Claire and Gav

We have been in Perth for about 2.5 months are just about to move from Tappings Way to Clarkson this Saturday. We have already been in contact with Andy and Stacey ( Sorry to hear your not well Andy )

Must all get together for a few drinks. Anything you need, give us a shout.

All the best.

L and V ( Leigh and Viki ):spinny:

Guest ClaireandGav

Hey thanks, sounds good to me just let us know when you available for a meet, and hope you feel better soon!

No sorry we are not on face book, just got to grips with this lol!

Guest Allgood Girl

Hello to you people without kids :-)

Probably a bit late in the day but a few of us are going to The Boat in Mindarie tonight to the Vegas night. We do have a 3yr old but have managed to get a babysitter...YAY!!

Anyway if anyone fancies it send me a msg & we can meet you. A few of us are going.

Laura :tongue:

Hello to you people without kids :-)

Probably a bit late in the day but a few of us are going to The Boat in Mindarie tonight to the Vegas night. We do have a 3yr old but have managed to get a babysitter...YAY!!

Anyway if anyone fancies it send me a msg & we can meet you. A few of us are going.

Laura :tongue:

ok mate, i'll wave at ya from across the harbour :biglaugh:

Guest Allgood Girl

??????????????:err:

ok mate, i'll wave at ya from across the harbour :biglaugh:

Guest inlimbo

tHis is really strange, you can make friends so quick in the UK but in Oz they do seem very insecure in making new friends...is it just that we are spoilt in the UK?

Guest ClaireandGav

Hi

Sorry we missed Sat night, Vegas night sounds good!

Hope you had a good time, maybe catch up with you next time?

Cheers

Hi there - we arrived in Perth in November and lived in Quinns Rocks until last weekend when we moved to Mindarie - shame we missed the Vegas night.

My husband Mick and I both have sons, however they are still in the UK. We would love to make some new friends here.

We made some lovely friends at the Essex Meet at the Halfway House and whilst it's strange meeting up with strangers, the friendships we made in Essex continue, despite our friends moving to Queensland.

Keep us posted.

Karen

Hi there - we arrived in Perth in November and lived in Quinns Rocks until last weekend when we moved to Mindarie - shame we missed the Vegas night.

My husband Mick and I both have sons, however they are still in the UK. We would love to make some new friends here.

We made some lovely friends at the Essex Meet at the Halfway House and whilst it's strange meeting up with strangers, the friendships we made in Essex continue, despite our friends moving to Queensland.

Keep us posted.

Karen

Hi Karen & Mick,

I think we may have chatted to you once or twice at the Halfway House meet-ups with KP Nuts, Kim ... Don't know if you remember us from Romford :wink: - Steve (landscape gardener), Gina(prev IT developer), Danny(9, lively, noisy and had fun at the Halfway House playing with all other kids) and Rachel(now 4, quiet and sweet) but I think I can picture you. We're in Yanchep, so not too far and have made quite a few nice friends here. We're always happy to meet-up if you ever fancy it.

Hope you're all having fun.

Take care,

Gina. x

Archived