Visa for my daughter - chemical engineer

sami

Would anybody know what would the best visa for my daughter (24y) who just finished her Chemical Engineering degree in Europe, just noticed Chem. Engineer is on the Critical list 2129-17 (but obviously she has no work experience, only her 6 months internship). Does that matter?

She is included in our 457 visa, but although we have been here 2 years, she has only come here twice on short holidays. She intends coming now for good and we though the best option would be for her to apply for PR on her own rights.

Any ideas? Time wise how long could it take?

Thanks, Sami

Would anybody know what would the best visa for my daughter (24y) who just finished her Chemical Engineering degree in Europe, just noticed Chem. Engineer is on the Critical list 2129-17 (but obviously she has no work experience, only her 6 months internship). Does that matter?

She is included in our 457 visa, but although we have been here 2 years, she has only come here twice on short holidays. She intends coming now for good and we though the best option would be for her to apply for PR on her own rights.

Any ideas? Time wise how long could it take?

Thanks, Sami

Hello Sami,

Without knowing too many details I would suggest that your Daughter has a few options:

1. She could complete a year’s work experience and then make an independent application.

2. She could be part of your PR application as long as she is still dependant.

3. Depending on your family circumstances she could apply for a Last Remaining Relative once you have PR if she is not dependant.

Feel free to PM me if you would like further advice.

Regards

Archived