Moving to Perth aged 15 and dont have a clue what school to go into?!

Guest Jess :D

Hey everyone my names Jess and im 15, hopefully moving to perth insummer of 2007 and can't wait!:D but dont have a clue about schools?! i would have finished my GCSEs and are predicted farely high grades, has any one got any advise on choosing schools and which year is best to go into?!

Thanx Jess

Guest tinbasher

Hi Jess

Just go with your parents to the schools and see which one you all like best. That is the best way to do it as everyone wants different things from their education. You'll be fine, I know it seems scary at first but with you family besides you, you'll make the right choice. :biggrin:

Mrs TinB

Hey! thanx but still a little confused about school years etc! i know that there TEEs that i will have to do to get into university (which i would like to do), but after GCSE do i go into year 11 or year 10?! i will probably be starting after their spring break so would i be able to pass year 11 exams?! yes going around the schools will deffinately be a good idea hey but would i have time before i had to start school?! so will there be enough time to apply for a space etc

Thanx for the help

Jess

Hi Jess

I have a 15yo daughter too who will be doing GCSEs this yr.

What I have found out is that your GCSEs will go towards the High School Cert (or state equivelant) so you should only have to do the last yr of school (yr12 I think) before going to uni.

But if you're not sure you will manage then you can do the last 2 yrs if you want.

In oz they are not so bothered about what yr you're in, with some kids staying behind a yr if the havent done so well and some moving up if theyre quite clever.

This is just what I've heard, we're not in oz yet but hope to be by the end of the yr.

Remember to just enjoy the experience and dont worry to much, it will all work out fine.

Sam x

Hi Jess,

It may be worth your parents contacting a couple of the schools in the areas you may be living in. My daughter started year 7 at high school. prior to coming here, but year 7 here is last year of primary, the principle was kind enough to set her up with a pen pal who she could contact etc., prior to moving so she had an idea of what it was like but also knew someone for her first day.

Ali

Archived