baby visa question

sarahjl

Hi everyone!

We were granted our 176 visa in May. We have just validated it as I am 25 weeks pregnant so we made the decision to have the baby in the UK, especially as jobs were looking a bit scarce! I know that baby will need its own visa but does anybody know if we can start the process in the UK and move to WA whilst its being processed or even if we can get a holiday visa for baby initially and apply for the PR visa whilst living there? Otherwise the plan is to stay in the UK until the visa is granted and hubby move out in Jan to find rental etc, he spoke to someone when we were validating and they would like to employ him and are willing to wait until Jan for him but not sure if baby's visa will be granted then as the baby is not due until October. Thanks in advance for any replies!!!! Sarah :unsure:

Guest chipper

hi there ... we got visas two years ago but i was pregnant when they came through and in throws of renovation so we left it till baby born then had to go and intialise the visa so went to stay with brother in perth . baby is now one and we are due to go to oz this autumn . we are in a dilemma as to apply for the spnosor subclass child visa and then she has it like us or just get her tourist and sort it out when we are there .

it is about £350 cheaper to do it here . ive been on the embassy website and found the form but its quite complicated ( or maybe we re just thick !!! )

i think we will try and do it here and hope it will come in the next 6 weeks ...

i m actually having another baby hence the rush to get out there and get the baby born there so we don't waste another year .

have i helped you ?

not sure .

but go to website and get visa details ..if youve got permanent resident visas then you need a child subclass 106 and fill out form .

Hi everyone!

We were granted our 176 visa in May. We have just validated it as I am 25 weeks pregnant so we made the decision to have the baby in the UK, especially as jobs were looking a bit scarce! I know that baby will need its own visa but does anybody know if we can start the process in the UK and move to WA whilst its being processed or even if we can get a holiday visa for baby initially and apply for the PR visa whilst living there? Otherwise the plan is to stay in the UK until the visa is granted and hubby move out in Jan to find rental etc, he spoke to someone when we were validating and they would like to employ him and are willing to wait until Jan for him but not sure if baby's visa will be granted then as the baby is not due until October. Thanks in advance for any replies!!!! Sarah :unsure:

People born in Australia on or after 20 August 1986 become Australian citizens by birth if at least one parent is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident at the time of the person’s birth.

Archived