New testing for TRA applicants

Guest tracy hunt

Guest tracy hunt

I've just been on the TRA website and read about the trade test in which you will be able to do in this country before emigration. It will be in operation on 1st July and is designed to enable people from certain countries and from a few trades to obtain work straight away on entry in Oz, without then having to see about getting the relevant registration. It says that more details will be given early May. But I'm just wondering will this test be offered to people already passed the TRA, or to people applying to TRA after 1st July. We're not using an agent but I wonder if any agents know this info and have passed on info to their clients on here. We're just wondering because we now don't know if we should hold back the TRA application for a couple of months (not that its any where near ready)

xx

Guest tracy hunt

Thanks Karen, yes Iread your thread and that's why I had a look on the TRA website. But it doesn't actually say if this testing will be carried out with passed TRA applicants or not.

I'm sure that would be the logical procedure, pass the TRA and then get referred to a testing center, but surely that would mean a huge back log to begin with in July. :confused:

I read that Australia were going to introduce tighter controls regarding level of English on migrants wanting to work in Aus. Shouldn't effect those who were born/raised in English speaking countries

Ali

Guest The.Colebecks
Thanks Karen, yes Iread your thread and that's why I had a look on the TRA website. But it doesn't actually say if this testing will be carried out with passed TRA applicants or not.

I'm sure that would be the logical procedure, pass the TRA and then get referred to a testing center, but surely that would mean a huge back log to begin with in July. :confused:

You're right, it isn't very clear at all who will be elligible for the assessment. Guess we'll have to wait until the final plans are put into place.

I hope it means hubby can be assed tho as he's still not keen to carry on with his trade when we get there, all the hassle involved with licences has made him even more adamant, but I feel he should at least get his licences behind him before he embarks on something new, just in case it all fall flat :redface:

K xx

Archived