10/11/12 yr old boys

Hi

Does any one have a son/sons who are 10/11/12 that may want to swap msn address with my son Jack?

Jack is 11 and lives at the moment in Derby, Uk. He loves football and plays cricket, He is looking forward to going to oz and learning to surf

He is worried about missing his friends here and i thought it may help if he makes some friends that are also in the process or have just moved, we are headed to Melbourne when the little golden ticket comes through

Claire x

Hi

We're in a similar situation to you. My son is 10 and a bit nervous about moving. We're hoping to move to Melbourne within the next 6 months. Medicals and Pcs have been sent to co. Just waiting now. We live near Manchester.

My son Jordan loves football, riding his bike and chess ( when I can get him away from the computer, wi and ds).

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We are hopefully off to Melbourne towards the end of the year, visa granted on Friday and still in shock. We have an 11 year old son and 10 year old daughter and they are a bit nervous about leaving friends behind. Luckily we have had two trips to Oz and they loved it and we also moved within the UK approx 4 years, and they have realised that only true friends keep in touch and you can survive the event!!

I will chat to hem about MSN (they are currently not frequent users, although this could be good practice!), but wish you luck with your travels. Have you decided where in Melbourne yet? We are really keen on Point Cook/Sanctuary Lakes area, visited there over Easter and loved it!!

Hiya

Would be good to keep in touch with you and yours, Jack is in touch with another member on here, he gets excited when they swap e-mails etc, i think it helps them with the process if they can relate to their peers about whats going on.

We liked the look of point cook but i think we have now decided on Ocean Grove the other side of Geelong, that said its dependant on other half gettin a job.

Big congrats on getting your visa, must be well exciting, fingers crossed we will get ours anyday

Keep in touch and PM ,me if kids want to swap e-mail

Claire x

I will chat with my son when he gets back from karate later tonight re emailing, I am sure he would like to do it though. We thought about settling in Geelong but were put off by the long commute, the main reason for moving is to be together more and 15/20 minutes commute is heaven compared to what OH does now.

Hope all goes well with your visa application and eventual move, we are hoping to get out at the end of the year and have already got weekends booked up with visits until September (doesn't leave much time for sorting things out LOL!).

Karen

Archived