help any migration agent

Guest graham spragg

Guest graham spragg

Hi,

We're currently having some problems with our 175 visa:arghh:

We were assigned a case officer in october 2008, but we had a mix up with the Australian police checks and it took 2-3 months to receive certification.

We have been informed that Australia are no longer looking at general Electrician applicants as we are not on the CSL list; We are on the MODL list.

We were made aware that they are going to start looking at the MODL 175 applications at the end of May. We have since received no confirmation of this.

We are seriously thinking about changing our visa application from the 175 to the 176 State Sponsorship, Queensland.

We seem to have been waiting for an extremely long time for this already, and we were wondering if anybody else has been experiencing the same problems???

Any help you can offer would be great!!!

Graham & Michelle

Guest Mike&lou

Just want to bump the thread up for you guys.Hopefully someone like Gollywobbler will see this and answer your Questions.

unless you can prove funds are in your bank account then don't bother with the Queensland state sponsorship as they are now asking you to prove liquid funds are in your bank account and not equity in house ect. Loads of people that have applied for S/S are panicing as they do not have the liquid funds me included. sit it out as a 175 to save the heart ache may take longer, but is this so bad with the global meltdown.

Guest graham spragg

Hi Alan,

Thank you very much for your response.

We have just registered with Go Matilda and have also sent an email to aspc.processing asking for some kind of indication of the time we have left to wait.

If you have any more info and/or links like the ones you sent earlier we would be extremely grateful.

Thanks again :)

Guest graham spragg

Hi Anlopa,

Thanks for your response to our email.

Have you any idea how much we are expected to have in our accounts if we were to go for the S/S?

Guest graham spragg
Hi Graham

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Please click on the link below and then on the one for the QLS State migration website:

State & Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

Thank you for your help with finding out about the 176 s/s.

Do you know when the ozzies are going to start looking at 175 cases again for people like me on the MODL list?

We had been told previously that it would be at the end of May

cheers,

Graham & Michelle

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Graham & Michelle

The end of May came & went without any MODL-only applications getting any processing.

The only thing DIAC have committed themselves to saying with MODL only applications is that when they start processing them again, priority will be given to all applications received prior to 1st July 2008. This could be a hint that they know they have a large backlog of them and don't have any idea how long it would take to deal with them all.

I think it is a matter of wait & see for the time being.

Cheers

Gill

Guest graham spragg
Hi Graham & Michelle

The end of May came & went without any MODL-only applications getting any processing.

The only thing DIAC have committed themselves to saying with MODL only applications is that when they start processing them again, priority will be given to all applications received prior to 1st July 2008. This could be a hint that they know they have a large backlog of them and don't have any idea how long it would take to deal with them all.

I think it is a matter of wait & see for the time being.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

Thanks again for your help

We were under the impression that they only stopped looking at our case in march and that since we already had a case officer we would be at the top of the priorty list, when ever they decide to start looking again????

do you think we would get our visa faster by changing it to a 176 (s/s) ?

we only want to go to QLD, thats where all our family and friends are

thanks graham and michelle

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill

Thanks again for your help

We were under the impression that they only stopped looking at our case in march and that since we already had a case officer we would be at the top of the priorty list, when ever they decide to start looking again????

do you think we would get our visa faster by changing it to a 176 (s/s) ?

we only want to go to QLD, thats where all our family and friends are

thanks graham and michelle

Hi Graham & Michelle

If it were me I would apply for QLD sponsorship if you are sure that you want to settle in QLD. DIAC have not made any official suggestion that those such as you, who were caught out when the CSL was suddenly changed on 16th March 2009, will necessarily be given priority over earlier MODL only applicants such as Painters & Decorators, who are on the MODL but were not included in the first CSL.

Where meds have been done at the request of a CO and there is still a reasonable validity period left on them, they might juggle the order a bit. However DIAC will not normally grant the visa if you would have to go rushing out to Oz within a stupidly short time frame merely to validate it.

So I don't think they will make any decisions about people like you until they start processing MODL only applications again. There is still a large stream of applicants converting to State sponsored sc 176s and accountants sitting the IELTs so as to get themselves included on the current CSL.

Things might start to become clearer after 1st July. However if you don't make an application for State Sponsorship and get it, you don't have a choice about whether or not to switch to a State sponsored sc 176 anyway. Therefore I would make the State application. QLD won't charge you anything for it and whether or not to make the switch will be entirely up to you once you have an offer from QLD. The QLD application will be likely to take 2-3 months to process even if you submit it very promptly.

http://203.210.126.185/dsdweb/v4/apps/web/secure/docs/1139.doc

http://203.210.126.185/dsdweb/v4/apps/web/secure/docs/1177.pdf

The contact phone number etc for the Migration QLD staff is given in the second link.

Make SURE you have found out about the licencing arrangements for electricians in QLD.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Mike&lou

There is alot of good info this post, thanks gollywobbler , and alan collet

This site is better of because of people like you.

Guest graham spragg
Hi Graham & Michelle

If it were me I would apply for QLD sponsorship if you are sure that you want to settle in QLD. DIAC have not made any official suggestion that those such as you, who were caught out when the CSL was suddenly changed on 16th March 2009, will necessarily be given priority over earlier MODL only applicants such as Painters & Decorators, who are on the MODL but were not included in the first CSL.

Where meds have been done at the request of a CO and there is still a reasonable validity period left on them, they might juggle the order a bit. However DIAC will not normally grant the visa if you would have to go rushing out to Oz within a stupidly short time frame merely to validate it.

So I don't think they will make any decisions about people like you until they start processing MODL only applications again. There is still a large stream of applicants converting to State sponsored sc 176s and accountants sitting the IELTs so as to get themselves included on the current CSL.

Things might start to become clearer after 1st July. However if you don't make an application for State Sponsorship and get it, you don't have a choice about whether or not to switch to a State sponsored sc 176 anyway. Therefore I would make the State application. QLD won't charge you anything for it and whether or not to make the switch will be entirely up to you once you have an offer from QLD. The QLD application will be likely to take 2-3 months to process even if you submit it very promptly.

http://203.210.126.185/dsdweb/v4/apps/web/secure/docs/1139.doc

http://203.210.126.185/dsdweb/v4/apps/web/secure/docs/1177.pdf

The contact phone number etc for the Migration QLD staff is given in the second link.

Make SURE you have found out about the licencing arrangements for electricians in QLD.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

thankyou very much for your advice and suggestions

we have alredy completed our s/s visa app and will be sending it off tommorrow

I will also be investigating the licencing aggrangements for electricians in qld

you mentioned above that things may become clearer from 1st july, could you please explain?

thank you again so much for your speedy responses

graham and michelle

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill

thankyou very much for your advice and suggestions

we have alredy completed our s/s visa app and will be sending it off tommorrow

I will also be investigating the licencing aggrangements for electricians in qld

you mentioned above that things may become clearer from 1st july, could you please explain?

thank you again so much for your speedy responses

graham and michelle

Hi Graham & Michelle

The idea is that you prove, in your responses on the State Sponsorship application form, that you already know exactly what you will have to do to obtain registration as an electrician in QLD. It is no use submitting the application and then making enquiries about the registration & licensing later.

Please do your research BEFORE you despatch the State sponsorship form.

Electrician (General) 4311-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Queensland

Licensing is compulsory.

Department of Industrial Relations

Business and Occupational Licensing

Postal Address:

PO Box 820

Lutwyche Qld 4030

Telephone: 61 7 3247 4711 or 1300 650 662

Email: safetyinfo@dir.qld.gov.au

Have you studied the website for the licencing people in QLD? Have you phoned them? If not, how can you prove that you have investigated this question and that you know what you will need to do?

The new financial year begins on July 1st. Later in the year we will have a clearer picture of when they might get round to processing MODL only applications.

Please send a completely blank e-mail to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au You will get an auto reply pretty swiftly.

I got one earlier this evening which says the information was updated on 22nd June. It states:

Priority Processing - Change From 1 January 2009

Following recent announcements by the Minister for Immigration and

Citizenship, in response to the current global economic environment,

processing of General Skilled Migration applications gives first priority

to applications in the following two categories:

1. Applications with a successful State or Territory Nomination; and

2. Applications where the nominated occupation is identified on the

Critical Skills List (CSL).

Note: Due to the number of applications in the above two categories, on

hand and being received, applications not on the CSL, or applications

without a successful State or Territory nomination, will be delayed until

those applications which meet the processing priorities are finalised. This

includes those on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)

Details of the Minister’s announcements can be found on the DIAC website

via the following link:

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Priority Application Processing Information

The following applications are currently being allocated and processed:

1. State or Territory Nominated Applications - once the department has

received and approved a nomination from a State or Territory authority,

processing of the application will usually commence within 10 working days

of that approval.

2. Applications with a nominated occupation on the Critical Skills List

(CSL) - these are being allocated and processed as supplies of State and

Territory Nominated applications are exhausted.

The italics are mine but I think it is a pretty clear indication that they do not expect to make a start on MODL only applications any time soon.

Cheers

Gill

Guest graham spragg
Graham I can tel you al the info you need for Licensing in QLD

hi mike and lou

cheers mate that would be a great help

maybe give me a missed call when you've got a minute and i'll ring you back

we sent our 176 [s/s] visa off today

thanks graham

Guest graham spragg

Hi Gill

thanks alot for all your help, we have sent our 176 app off this morning

we'll let you know how we get on

graham and michelle

Guest graham spragg

Hi Yorkshireclan,

Congratulations on being accepted so quickly!!!

Did you really need $67000.00 just to be accepted?!!

Graham & Michelle

Hi Yorkshireclan,

Congratulations on being accepted so quickly!!!

Did you really need $67000.00 just to be accepted?!!

Graham & Michelle

Hi Graham

Not sure on wot funds you need...

Its just i guessed we would have $70000 so put this on application..They asked for proof of this...We had $67000 in the bank and thay accepted this ok, but still got house to sell...

Goodluck mate if you need any help regarding TRA or ARTC drop us a PM..

Archived