Still waiting for a CO? How long did you have to wait?

quinnc

We applied for 475 visa online (after successful skills assessment and SA state sponsorship) and got confirmation that our application was received on the 31st March 09. Just wondering if anyone has experience of how long it takes to be allocated a CO?

I am expecting again and wondering when is best time to inform the DIAC? Am due in September and was so worried about my medical and the fact I would have to postpone our visa but turns out still waiting for any contact whatsoever so shouldn't hold things up too much to wait to do our meds after the baby is born.

I would really appreciate any advice on waiting times for a CO and the best time to inform of a new addition to the family. Thanks!

Hi, not sure about your visa but I applied for the 175 and got a csae officer after just over 5 months. As for for your pregnancy you can proceed with your application and just notify them in writing along with your babies birth certificate after the birth. Your Medicals can go ahead but will it is strongly recommended you wait till after your baby is born to have the xrays. Good luck.xx

Thanks for your reply. I have just been looking through all of my paperwork and realise I have made a huge mistake. Apparently I should have informed SA as soon as I received confirmation from DIAC that they had received my application. I did know this but definitely have baby brain and forgot and have been checking my emails every day wondering why I haven't been assigned a case officer! Have just sent an email to SA to ask them to complete the required form and send to DIAC. Just crossing everything in the hope that there is not some horrible rule or time limit and I have been sitting here stupidly all along!!!!!!!

Archived