A bit of up to date pommie news

bunbury61

Its pouring with rain,we needed it ,better on monday.

I was up in Stoke on friday , first time in 8 years.

Last time i was there ,i thought what a ****hole.

Roadworks,chaos, traffic, general mayhem.

Well what a transformation ,the roads are all now finished,lots of new buildings etc.

I have a mate who invests in property,and he is buying in Stoke.

He can pick up little terraced houses for 55k, and reckons with its central position and proximity to the motorway,its ideally placed when things pick up

Its pouring with rain,we needed it ,better on monday.

I was up in Stoke on friday , first time in 8 years.

Last time i was there ,i thought what a ****hole.

Roadworks,chaos, traffic, general mayhem.

Well what a transformation ,the roads are all now finished,lots of new buildings etc.

I have a mate who invests in property,and he is buying in Stoke.

He can pick up little terraced houses for 55k, and reckons with its central position and proximity to the motorway,its ideally placed when things pick up

I come from Leek and find Stoke on Trent incredibly depressing, {even travelling via Stone to avoid the A500 to get to M6 south}, so I read your post with interest! Actually, I've read alot of your posts and find them really helpful. Keep em coming! I think it might be a while before Stoke is knocked out of the top 20 of worst places in the UK to live, though!! Mind you, I still haven't decided where I could settle in the UK. As pretty and relatively unchanged as Leek is, where most of my family is located, I couldn't see myself going back there to live. Besides, its proximity to the Peak National Park leaves it open to more snow in winter. That said, I wouldn't want to be too far away. Any suggestions?

I come from Leek and find Stoke on Trent incredibly depressing, {even travelling via Stone to avoid the A500 to get to M6 south}, so I read your post with interest! Actually, I've read alot of your posts and find them really helpful. Keep em coming! I think it might be a while before Stoke is knocked out of the top 20 of worst places in the UK to live, though!! Mind you, I still haven't decided where I could settle in the UK. As pretty and relatively unchanged as Leek is, where most of my family is located, I couldn't see myself going back there to live. Besides, its proximity to the Peak National Park leaves it open to more snow in winter. That said, I wouldn't want to be too far away. Any suggestions?

May i ask you a question ,how do you find(like or dislike) Victoria. I visited there after being in sleepy old W,A.

We travelled to Melbourne , to visit my brother,done all the tourist stuff,and then visited Ballarat etc .

Personally ,i didnt like Melbourne or Victoria at all for that matter.Remember we hadnt seen much litter or graffitti for 6 years in Bunbury,and we were shocked.

Of course iam conditioned to all that stuff now iam back in Blighty,but then it was a shock to the system.

In relation to Stoke,i know its not las vegas,but that road that runs from the m6 junction 15? to Burslem etc ,is all finished now.New bridges, shopping areas etc

And to my minds eye,i thought i was in a different place......money is certainly being thrown at it.

ps still raining

Archived