Applied for 175 and now have a job offer

Tommy Tucker

i think you can go for a 176 sponsored but to be honest your better off all round to come out independantaly and then free to do wot you want, also you benifit from stuff here on a 175 so many come on a 457 and wish they hadnt well the ones i know that is, its entirely your call but we had job offer and came on a 175 and so glad we did

Guest stockies

HI we applied for our 175 visa sept 08 OH had a job offer in Nov 08 and accepted the job , we didnt get our visa until April 09, we were very lucky and they kept the job open for him, there was no way we could speed it up we tried and so did our agent, the only way was to apply for a 457. If you can I would hold out for a 175 as it is a much more secure visa IMHO.

Claire. XX

Hi Tommy,

We applied for a 175 last year, and then I got a job offer in December. We went with the 457 as we didn't know when the 175 would come through. As far as I know and have been advised, you can't hurry the 175!:arghh:

You can still leave your 175 application in, and come to Aus on the 457. Depending on how long the company sponsoring your 457 ties you in to them in your contract, when your 175 comes through you might be able to move on jobwise. Worst case you might have to wait and work the 4 years that the 457 is valid for.

The plus of the 457 from our perspective was that we got a relocation allowance from the company, and it was a great help towards moving us and all our stuff here.

Good luck whichever way you chose to go!!:wubclub:

Best wishes

Jules

Archived