Diff.between SPECIFIC WORK EXP. and WORK EXPERIENCE

dan77

Can anyone please clarify the difference between SPECIFIC WORK EXP. and WORK EXPERIENCE.

I think for bith we have to provide work references, pay slips, employment contracts etc. Than what is the diff. between the two.

Guest zedster

Recent work experience requirement

To meet the recent work experience requirement, you must demonstrate that you have been employed:

• in an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
  • for at least 20 hours a week
  • in a paid position
  • for at least 12 of the 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application.

Specific work experience

You will be awarded points if you have been employed for three (3) of the last four (4) years in an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

You must have been employed:

• in a paid position
  • at a skilled level in your nominated occupation or in a closely related occupation on the SOL

Note: If you are using work experience obtained in Australia to meet this requirement, that work must have been undertaken while you were the holder of a visa authorising you to work.

as far as i know it's just the bits in red that are different...hope that helps.

Hi zedster

Thanks for the useful reply.

I have lodged the 175 online application. After lodging the application the immi websites displayed a documents checklist. In the checklist they have asked for EVIDENCE OF SPECIFIC WORK EXPERIENCE and EVIDENCE OF WORK EXPERIENCE.

I am working for the current employer for more than 3 years. Ithink a reference letter from my current employer, pay slips of current employment, Bank Statements and Taxation Documents satisfies the requirements of both SPECIFIC WORK EXPERIENCE and WORK EXPERIENCE.

So, should i attach the same documents as evidence for both SPECIFIC WORK EXPERIENCE and WORK EXPERIENCE ????

To meet the recent work experience requirement, you must demonstrate that you have been employed:

• in an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
  • in a paid position
  • for at least 12 of the 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application.

Specific work experience

You will be awarded points if you have been employed for three (3) of the last four (4) years in an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

• in a paid position
  • at a skilled level in your nominated occupation or in a closely related occupation on the SOL

Note: If you are using work experience obtained in Australia to meet this requirement, that work must have been undertaken while you were the holder of a visa authorising you to work.

as far as i know it's just the bits in red that are different...hope that helps.

Guest The "legdes"

Hi There,

Make sure you give enough specific detail - tasks done, tools/software, duties, responsibities etc etc just to be sure you have it covered.

• 6 months later...
Guest winkeat74
Hi There,

Make sure you give enough specific detail - tasks done, tools/software, duties, responsibities etc etc just to be sure you have it covered.

Hi,

I got my ACS positive letter recently and I also granted in CSL. my question is regarding job verification that diac will perform to my work experience. I has more than 7 years work experience and do I need to submit all work experience up to 7 years or just 4 years?

My first company is shut down and now it's not able to contact anymore and I been there almost 2 years.

I in group B for ACS and for what I knew, we need to submit everything to diac exactly what we submit to ACS right? I'm worries that they will conduct verification from my first company. I'm will claim MODL points and also specific work experience in this case.

Regards

Guest rufndtuf

Specific work experience

hi zedster

I think it is 35hrs a week. correct me if I am wrong..

Hi,

I got my ACS positive letter recently and I also granted in CSL. my question is regarding job verification that diac will perform to my work experience. I has more than 7 years work experience and do I need to submit all work experience up to 7 years or just 4 years?

My first company is shut down and now it's not able to contact anymore and I been there almost 2 years.

I in group B for ACS and for what I knew, we need to submit everything to diac exactly what we submit to ACS right? I'm worries that they will conduct verification from my first company. I'm will claim MODL points and also specific work experience in this case.

Regards

DIAC will only go back 4 years as that is all that is required for work experience and specific work experience. They are not going to go back for 7 years for the hell of it. Don't worry.

hi zedster

I think it is 35hrs a week. correct me if I am wrong..

I believe you are confusing ACS and DIAC, they have different requirements. ACS reuire 35 hours per week for skills assessment. DIAC's definition of full time is over 20 hours a week.

T There is nothing in the regulations about 3 of the past 4 years, although this incorrect and misleading information appears in various DIAC publications. For occupations for which work experience is a criterion, and no exemption applies, a CORE visa criterion (for most cases) is 12 months work experience in the 24 months immediately preceding the date of visa application and 36 months in the 48 months to be awarded points for work experience. For DIAC purposes the work experience must be paid (at the going rate) full time (20 hours a week or more) and in an occupation on the current SOL. Various other authorities have different work experience requirements and some of them will count part time work experience pro rata.

Archived