An address in Oz when first moving over?

BuddysMum

We are planning to move over in January. Our plan is to go initially into a cabin or somesuch until we can find a rental.

I have just been mulling over some random details about the move and have thought about maybe mailing some stuff over for use before our container arrives, and that moved on to providing a forwarding address for Royal Mail etc etc etc.

So, what does everyone do about this? I don't think many of us have the rental sorted before we go, and many don't have family over there. (We do, but not very near where we will be settling, probably).

I gather there is a company which will receive your post, open it and email copies of it to you for a fee, but I'm not entirely comfortable with that, and what about parcels etc.

If you have a job lined up you can always ask the employer if you can use his address,

Their are companys out there who mail sorting/delivery the one i know of is SOS mail.com.au

Some relocation companys also offer this service either as part of a package or just a mail service on its own.

finally as Ratchet says you could look into a PO box with Australia post

Cal x

Guest Clare&Jon

Hi, we're hoping to be on our way out to oz in the next 2-3 months. i agree with bloomersthebear.... we're planning to redirect post to my parents house and then get them to filter out the obvious junk mail before sending on anything that looks important / worth reading. then once we have an address i'll contact all the relevant companies to get stuff sent directly.

cant you have it re-directed to your rellys out here first and they can open it and call you with the important stuff??? Or am I as usual missing the point?

Yes, as far as letters are concerned, that would do, but I am thinking more of some extra toys/games etc for our son when we first move over. Maybe even his saxophone. Our rellies are in Queensland, and we are most likely to go to Sydney.

I think we may end up going for excess baggage and a po box then, Thanks. Just wondered what everyone else does.

Archived