WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Guest antipope

Police checks came back yesterday, added to the application and a quick email to the CO before bed.

Was thinking a couple of weeks til visa grant but it seems that isn't the case.

Had an email off the CO this morning and guess what?

VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to EVERYONE on POI for all your invaluable advice, information and most of all your support.

This Visa grant simply would not have happened without this forum, you are the best agents in the world, keep it up everyone. Much love, The Smith family. XX

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest duncanlauren

Sent a cheeky mail to our CO last night to check she had all our documents, even though we have a great agent. Then woke up this morning to an email and.....

please turn me purple :laugh:

so excited, also got a call from my agent at 6AM to confirm we have our visas, I think he never sleeps.

Whoop whoop might spoil myself by going out for dinner tonight!!!

Thanks to everyone on pio for their help advice and support!

See you all downunder!

Guest Karen and Colin

Congratulations to everyone who has their visa. Its great to see so many going through at last. Hopefully we won't be long in joining you all - our meds have been referred, not sure why. Hope everyone has fun celebrating.

Guest duncanlauren
Congratulations to everyone who has their visa. Its great to see so many going through at last. Hopefully we won't be long in joining you all - our meds have been referred, not sure why. Hope everyone has fun celebrating.

Yours will be soon too, I felt like I was never going to get mine, hang in there it is the best feeling ever when you get it, you will see

Guest NewJo

Since getting our visa last week we have decided that as we have been waiting 3.5yrs for this we are gonna forget doing a reccie trip and just go for it, pending the house sells soon. Still can't believe this is all actually happening now and we REALLY are going to go.

Thanks to everyone on here.

Guest duncanlauren
Since getting our visa last week we have decided that as we have been waiting 3.5yrs for this we are gonna forget doing a reccie trip and just go for it, pending the house sells soon. Still can't believe this is all actually happening now and we REALLY are going to go.

I say go for it, in my opinion the problem with a reccie is that you will not want to come back!!!! It was very hard to come back after our reccie and I have spent every moment since dreaming of Aus. I even insisted on wearing my 'thongs' in the freezing cold, please note thongs as in flip-flops not the other sort LOL!!!! Enjoy where are you going?

Guest SusieOR

you do right... get yourselves out there & start living the life...

Good Luck

Guest KatyNick

CONGRATULATIONS to all the visa grants ... it is so good hearing all this fantastic news!!!! Hope you have got the champagne ready :biggrin:

Our eldest's son's medical has been referred too. Just hoping that someone at HOC looks at his medical really soon as everything else is in. Gosh ... this waiting around is really getting to me!

Guest NewJo
I say go for it, in my opinion the problem with a reccie is that you will not want to come back!!!! It was very hard to come back after our reccie and I have spent every moment since dreaming of Aus. I even insisted on wearing my 'thongs' in the freezing cold, please note thongs as in flip-flops not the other sort LOL!!!! Enjoy where are you going?

We did go to QLD for 1month a few yr ago so know its what we want and we go the 'thongs' bit - we still call them that now and the 'budgie smugglers' (speedo trunks). Ha

We are heading to Perth so never been that side but can't wait. The cost is also a big thing for 4 of us to go for a reccie it would cost the same as our shipping costs so could do without spending the money. When are you heading?

Guest NewJo
CONGRATULATIONS to all the visa grants ... it is so good hearing all this fantastic news!!!! Hope you have got the champagne ready :biggrin:

Our eldest's son's medical has been referred too. Just hoping that someone at HOC looks at his medical really soon as everything else is in. Gosh ... this waiting around is really getting to me!

My OH meds were referred and it took 2 weeks from date of referred but it was the longest 2 wks of my life - shouldn't be long now for you all.

Guest duncanlauren
We did go to QLD for 1month a few yr ago so know its what we want and we go the 'thongs' bit - we still call them that now and the 'budgie smugglers' (speedo trunks). Ha

We are heading to Perth so never been that side but can't wait. The cost is also a big thing for 4 of us to go for a reccie it would cost the same as our shipping costs so could do without spending the money. When are you heading?

We are heading out end of April, only got our visas this morning but I know what we want! Perth is lovely, so new and clean, no potholes all over the place and the suburbs are lovely. My mom has been there for six years and loves it to bits. We are originally from South Africa so for us a warm climate is ideal. My sons barely watched tv while we were there and spent loads of time outside which I loved.

Our reccie was a holiday as we thought we were never giong to get our visas and had just about given up. Now we are having to be very selective about what we take as our holiday blew our budget slightly LOL! We literally got our CO the day we got back from our reccie so it has been all go since then.

Not looking forward to seeing any budgies being smuggled though :laugh:. When do you plan on going? We are going to stop in Mindarie because that is where my mom is and will probably settle close by. My head is spinning!

Police checks came back yesterday, added to the application and a quick email to the CO before bed.

VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to EVERYONE on POI for all your invaluable advice, information and most of all your support.

This Visa grant simply would not have happened without this forum, you are the best agents in the world, keep it up everyone. Much love, The Smith family. XX

Sent a cheeky mail to our CO last night to check she had all our documents, even though we have a great agent. Then woke up this morning to an email and.....

so excited, also got a call from my agent at 6AM to confirm we have our visas, I think he never sleeps.

See you all downunder!

congratulations_purple_glitter.gif

Such fantastic news ~ :jiggy:

I really am so so pleased for you both :v_SPIN:

(will update the front page when im back in the Uk)

We're here! :cool: We're in Australia on our reccie

Its so hot, been a shock to our systems! :wacko: At the moment we are looking around SOR...Then we are going NOR :wink:

Internet not good where we are staying, so cant get on much! :no:

Glad your there safe and sound xxx enjoy :biggrin:

Hi Kelly hope your having a fab reccie, i have to say this after waiting 2 and a half years

Kelly please turn me purple Woo Hoo

Visa granted 2-3-11, got the email this morning.

This site has been my lifeline and have made some lovely friends so i would like to thank you all and hope all your dreams come true like mine has.

The Tosh Family are Wanted Down Under :laugh:

I am so so so so happy for you all hurry up and get that house on the market so you can get over we will be waiting for you xxxxx

Champers wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo

After waiting nearly 4 weeks for a letter from our son's surgeon ... our medicals have finally be sent to Oz!!!!!! YIPEEEE!! The past 4 weeks have been the most stressful of my life.

I faxed the letter to the Panel Doctor at around 1pm and by 5pm they were on their way!!

Lets just hope they all got to MET and the Golden Ticket is just round the corner .... please!!

Any day now hun look forward to that early morning text :cute:

Fantastic news well done xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See you all downunder!

Fantastic news well done xxxx see you there :biggrin:

Guest Karen and Colin

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Val and Baz recently. The last post i seen from them was when the were in the Fremantle area. Think about them from time to time when on the site and hope life is a bit happier for them now.

Guest Sebbers
Just wondering if anyone has heard from Val and Baz recently. The last post i seen from them was when the were in the Fremantle area. Think about them from time to time when on the site and hope life is a bit happier for them now.

Hi,

We chat with Val and Baz frequently and have become good friends with them. They are loving life in Freo and have no intention of coming back to the UK unless on holiday which they are set to do next month for a couple of weeks. They are still in Freemantle and are doing great. The next time I speak to her I will tell her you were asking about them as I'm not sure whether she still uses this site.

Guest Karen and Colin
Hi,

We chat with Val and Baz frequently and have become good friends with them. They are loving life in Freo and have no intention of coming back to the UK unless on holiday which they are set to do next month for a couple of weeks. They are still in Freemantle and are doing great. The next time I speak to her I will tell her you were asking about them as I'm not sure whether she still uses this site.

Thanks guys, Good to hear that they are doing well. If anyone deserves for it to work out it is them.

Guest Natty T

Congratulations to everyone with visa grants recently, don't think i have come back down to earth yet lol and hoping those of you waiting get that fantastic news very soon, its worth the wait.

Just out of intrest have we all had visas granted who are on this thread or is their many still waiting?

Good luck if your waiting XXX

Archived