Where to post medicals????

Dawny

Maybe a bit of a dumb question, but it is niggling me anyway!

We have always done what our agent has advised, however this time we are going against the grain... She advised not to go ahead with meds and pc checks until we have a c/o, But we have booked them anyway.. X-rays tomorrow and meds next week (just as well as they say they are getting booked very quickly).

After reading the paper work it asks where they are to be posted, agent in london or straight to Australia,

Any ideas guys, what do you think we should say, im assuming if they post to oz they will go straight to Diac????:wacko:

Guest Squem

Alright Dawny,

We posted ours straight to Australia... not sure what the address is though! Sorry xx

Guest mcleod275

Hi Dawny

If you are applying for a 176, you should send your meds to Sydney the address is:

Local Clearance Unit DIMIA Level 6

Gateway Building

26 Lee Street

Sydney

NSW 2000

Australia

This is where we were told that our meds would need to go.

Claire xx

Guest Samfire

After reading the paper work it asks where they are to be posted, agent in london or straight to Australia,

Any ideas guys, what do you think we should say, im assuming if they post to oz they will go straight to Diac????:wacko:

Skilled Sponsored 176 visas are being processed in Adelaide!!! That's where we instructed our panel doctor to send ours - see attached weblink to check for yourself.

General Skilled Migration Processing Centres

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe a bit of a dumb question, but it is niggling me anyway!

We have always done what our agent has advised, however this time we are going against the grain... She advised not to go ahead with meds and pc checks until we have a c/o, But we have booked them anyway.. X-rays tomorrow and meds next week (just as well as they say they are getting booked very quickly).

Hi Dawny

I have had the same thought as you. I spoke to my agent about doing medicals and police checks and he said the same - wait until the CO at the DIAC asks for them...

But like you I am thinking once we get the SS (If we get it that is!) we should do them ASAP otherwise its just another hold up?

Dilema, dilema! what would be the benefit of waiting do you think?

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi Dawny

I have had the same thought as you. I spoke to my agent about doing medicals and police checks and he said the same - wait until the CO at the DIAC asks for them...

But like you I am thinking once we get the SS (If we get it that is!) we should do them ASAP otherwise its just another hold up?

Dilema, dilema! what would be the benefit of waiting do you think?

Tasha :wubclub:

I sorted out the medicals as soon as I lodged the visa application. I didn't wait for the CO to ask me.....I didn't have a CO when I made the appointments. I also sorted out the police checks off my own back. We don't have an agent and our visa was granted within a month of getting a CO!!

The Doctor is supposed to send the medicals off for you. If you read the paperwork it says that the doctor should not give you the medicals but should send them directly to Sydney.

Go for it!

Mandy

Hi Dawn

Heres both..If i was you i'd send meds via courier, its faster and you can track them all the way to HOC..

Our Dr contacted us to say all docs were ready to send when blood test results came back.

We told him we wanted to send them via DHL..He then gave us details of what to tell DHL (where to pick up and deliver).

I rang up DHL with details and they were picked up and delivered to HOC all in 4 days.

Courier address

Health Operations Centre

Level 3/26 Lee Street

Sydney

NSW 2000

AUSTRALIA

Postal address

GPO Box 9984

Sydney

NSW 2001

AUSTRALIA

Guest Samfire

General Skilled Sponsored visas 176 are being dealt with by Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre, with the exception of Queensland SS, which are being dealt with in Brisbane. Check the government website to be sure where to instruct the doctor to send them.

Guest mcleod275
General Skilled Sponsored visas 176 are being dealt with by Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre, with the exception of Queensland SS, which are being dealt with in Brisbane. Check the government website to be sure where to instruct the doctor to send them.

Hi Sam

You are right that the main vias application for 176's are being processed at Adelaide, however you should send your medicals to Sydney for a 176 visa, address is in my previous post.

Claire xx

Health Operations Centre (HOC) in Sydney.

DEAL WITH ALL OFFSHORE MEDICAL RECORDS...

The addresses above are where you need to send your documents, your panel Dr will know this anyway..

Guest Samfire

Thanks for that guys! Wasn't sure, so thought it best to check the govt. website. You're all clearly on top of things. The GP we used did say they knew where to send the meds anyway!.

Cheers!

Archived