Can I pay my visa charge at oz house london

clubby67

Hi there I am back again with another question.

I am applying for a cpv can I pay the visa charges at Austrialia House in London, or does it have to be to the Perth office.

I am a UK citizen.

Thanks

Wilma (clubby67):smile:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Wilma

Do you mean the $1,420 for the 1st Instalment? I urge you not to complicate matters in this way! Either pay it by credit card or get a bankers draft for $1,420 Australian Dollars, made payable to the Department of Immigration & Citizenship and send it to the POPC with your CPV application. Any High Street bank can issue a draft in AUD. They charge about £15 or £20 (predictably) for producing it but if they try to say they can't do it, put you foot down because they can.

AUs House would insist on payment by credit card or by bank draft in AUD anyway so you really gain nothing by trying to send the money to London instead of to Perth.

On another point, I saw your query about how would your step son (your Sponsor) prove that he is a Permanent Resident of Australia. Good question but there must be a way of doing it short of shouting "squatter's rights!"

Since the POPC are the people who have to be convinced, in your shoes I would e-mail parents@immi.gov.au - which is the POPC. Explain the exact facts to them and ask them what they would want to see by way of evidence that your Sponsor has been a PR of Oz for 20 years but does not have Citizenship and has presumably not bothered to get updated visa labels put into each of his successive British passports since the time when he got his PR. I would tell them about the $100 wasted so far - indeed I would grumble to the POPC about that - and make it clear that since they are the people you need to convince, it is up to them to say what would convince them.

Cheers

Gill

Archived