nurses Please help- very worried

Guest susy

Guest susy

Hi, i have just qualified as a registerd Nurse, i am going to perth on a graduate program. I sent all documents to the nmbwa and i recieved an email today, stating they could not process my application untill they had recieved a letter from an employer, stating when i started work as a registered nurse. However i have no employer as i have just qualified and wont have one untill i get to perth. I have already sent them a reference from my university but i guess this is not enough. has anyone had this problem. I will ring them on monday but i am very worried as we are all ready to go (house sold etc).

Thanx for any reply.

Might be worth to have a word with your tutor at the uni you trained at and see if they would do a letter? Im sure if they are offering a graduate programme your not the only on in this situation. Have the NMC verified your doc etc. That would show the nursing board when you qualified.

Are you not working at all?

Guest susy

Hi, thanx for that.

Im registered with NMC and they have sent everything to the nmbwa. I have also sent a letter/reference from my tutor at university but seems that they require more. Iv have just qualified 3 wks ago and i am away to perth as soon as my wa reg comes through,so thats why i am not working as it didnt seem worth it for the sake of 1/2 month. I will ring them monday and see what they say.

Guest gibbboe
Hi, i have just qualified as a registerd Nurse, i am going to perth on a graduate program. I sent all documents to the nmbwa and i recieved an email today, stating they could not process my application untill they had recieved a letter from an employer, stating when i started work as a registered nurse. However i have no employer as i have just qualified and wont have one untill i get to perth. I have already sent them a reference from my university but i guess this is not enough. has anyone had this problem. I will ring them on monday but i am very worried as we are all ready to go (house sold etc).

Thanx for any reply.

Like you I have just qualified as a nurse and am probably going on a grad program. I emailed the nursing board I want to register with before filling in the paperwork, I told them that just qualified so can provide one academic ref and one mentor from a placement. They emailed back to say this is ok, I intend to print off the email and send in the application with the refs.

• 2 years later...
Guest samijo

Hi, I know its been a while since this link was used but can i ask how you found applying for the grad program as a newly qualified nurse? Do you have any tips as i am going into my final year in Sept and really want to go over and apply for the program.

Thanks,

Sami

Guest samijo

I know OZ citizens get preference, but do they normally have space for international nurses or is it rare?

Thanks sami

Archived