Not another form!!

noel2538

Hi All..

Need advise...:notworthy:

Finally decided we going to use Doreen Bonner for our removals but are taking the marine insurance out with Letton Percival. I now have an AQIS form 'unaccompanied personal effects statement to complete...

When do I complete this form, as some of it needs container number etc and address and phone number of intended Oz residency..I dont have?

Also we're taking our dining table and chairs which are made of wood, so Ive tick 'yes' and written household dining table and chairs. As we're using Doreen Bonner...do I tick 'No' to pack good myself and then write company name in box?

To be honest Ive found picking a removal company and reading all their forms a nightmare!!! Atleast the insurance form was a little better...we have a value figure of £32,000 is that normal?!

Anyway...hope to exchange on house this week so I can book flights...OMG another thing to stress over lol

Debx

Guest JoanneHattersley

Its VERY scary what your property is valued at! We had a DVD/CD collection valued at more than that without anything else!

The forms WILL drive you mad. We had Visa forms, PR forms, CP143 forms for mum and Dad, AOS forms for Mum and Dad, citizenship forms!

NO MORE! IM DONE!

Guest Hearne_Family

Hi, I used Doree Bonner to ship my toolbox over to Melbourne, I was emailed an AQIS form by DB to fill out and return to them but as it was the company they use here Grace Removals sent me one in the post which was easier as I dont have a printer sorted yet. It would be worth ringing DB to check as when Grace Removals sent me the form they also had the ships name, estimated arrival date and any other info I needed but as yet you dont have an address in Australia I dont know what you would need to put on the AQIS form. As for the total value of your insurance cover we were told to price up the replacement costs at destination, its quite scary how things add up isnt it? My Tools and toolbox came to just under $20,000. If you are shipping household goods it might be worth checking out the websites and prices of similar items to yours for the insurance, you could look at the websites for:

Fantastic Furniture, Freedom Furniture, The Good Guys, Harvey Norman, KMart, Big W or just google websites on the Australian Google.

Hope this helps a bit, try not to worry too much, just ask DB if you are unsure of anything, they are a helpful company.

All the best,

Terry

i think it might be untreated wood they are worried about, definately no wicker is allowed. I would ask DB about what to fill in, and if they are packing your house put that because then they get the responsibility of stating wwhat is in each box. Just a quick note, the inspectors opened all my boxes where there could have been dirt hiding, ie golf clubs, tools, bikes, garden stuff, trampoline the rest of the boxes left untouched. ie don't wrap your golf clubs up in your best table cloth as they used stanley knife to open then up!!

Not sure why they need a address in aus when you are not here, we used a friend of a friend and the idiot shippers kept sending her the bill and wondered why it wasn't getting paid. as long as you have the contact details of shippers either end you can update them as soon as you have an address, don't worry about it too much.

Thanks 'Allbodies':wubclub:

Our insurance figure is now £35,000, my hubby and I worked out the figure on replacing them in Oz...lets hope I dont have to claim lol.

I havent sent AQIS form back to DB but now we have completion date, Ive returned their form and payment...Ive asked them about AQIS form but I read on Australian Customs website and its says form can be completed before or after, so I see what DB have to say.

We fly to Melbourne on 24th May so time is getting short...cant believe that its finally happening:jiggy:

Archived