Student visa - 573

Dobbsy

Hi, I've been excepted on a uni post grad course in Fremantle, WA. I'm a bit lost now. We have just accepted an offer on our house, so its all systems go.... I suppose its time to get medicals and looking at these threads I have looked on the panel doctors on the immi site, so thats been really useful. I supose what I really want is clarification that the 573 visa is the correct visa to go for (Post Grad Dipolma in Secondary Education) and it would be great to speak to someone with knowledge of student visa's, as I am unsure of the process of how I would go about working at the end of the course / student visa... would I need a bridging visa?... how much would it cost? would I be able to work on this visa? or am I totally on the wrong track? I'm 38 with a family, so just trying to cover all corners! thanks

Hi, I've been excepted on a uni post grad course in Fremantle, WA. I'm a bit lost now. We have just accepted an offer on our house, so its all systems go.... I suppose its time to get medicals and looking at these threads I have looked on the panel doctors on the immi site, so thats been really useful. I supose what I really want is clarification that the 573 visa is the correct visa to go for (Post Grad Dipolma in Secondary Education) and it would be great to speak to someone with knowledge of student visa's, as I am unsure of the process of how I would go about working at the end of the course / student visa... would I need a bridging visa?... how much would it cost? would I be able to work on this visa? or am I totally on the wrong track? I'm 38 with a family, so just trying to cover all corners! thanks

The eligible courses for Subclass 573 Higher Education Sector are:

Bachelor Degree Graduate Certificate

Graduate Diploma

Associate Degree

Masters by Coursework

You would have limited work rights on this visa and whether successful completion of your proposed course would enhance your prospects of applying for permanent residence is another issue.

Never ask the barber (course providers and education agents) whether you need a haircut, or you are likely to get one.

There are some very good education agents who are also very good registered migration agents. I strongly suggest that you consult one before commiting yourself to a course of action. I shall leave the excercise of finding one for homework.

Archived