Quick one about MODL

jackal

Hi ,

I just had a look at the DIMIA websites and it clearly states my occupation is not only on the SOL list it is in fact on the MODL list which is a bit of a joke because they are not even processing MODL applicants but hey ho musnt grumble :jiggy:

I was hoping someone could tell me what this means......

How are occupation points awarded on the points test?

If your nominated occupation is on MODL either at the time your application is lodged or assessed, you will be eligible for 'occupation in demand/job offer' points on the General Skilled Migration points test. You will receive extra points if you have a job offer from a suitable Australian employer

My occupation was on the list at the time of lodging but i assume when they start processing them again,there will be a revised list and it wont be on there as im a tradesman , will i still get the points ??? my agent said yes but ive read posts on websites from other agents saying no

Cheers and peace out

Jac

Hi, as far as Im aware your application will not change if your occupation is on MODL when application is lodged. Same as if you turn 45 , it doesnt matter as long as app is lodged before your birthday ! The CSL was just there to deal with order of processing.

Annoying as it all is though. :wacko: I think its because they know when you lodge your app it takes them months and months...and months to process !!

Im sure if Im wrong someone will correct me !!

Hi ,

My occupation was on the list at the time of lodging but i assume when they start processing them again,there will be a revised list and it wont be on there as im a tradesman , will i still get the points ??? my agent said yes but ive read posts on websites from other agents saying no

Your agent is right. See Australian Immigration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Ptlabs Consulting

Regards

Peter

Guest The "legdes"

I agree with Dawn ...at the mo I've got the feeling I'm watching months and months turn into years and years .... definately not lol:sad:

Hi, as far as Im aware your application will not change if your occupation is on MODL when application is lodged. Same as if you turn 45 , it doesnt matter as long as app is lodged before your birthday ! The CSL was just there to deal with order of processing.

Annoying as it all is though. :wacko: I think its because they know when you lodge your app it takes them months and months...and months to process !!

Im sure if Im wrong someone will correct me !!

Archived