I got a CO, so what happens next !

roky

Hello everyone,

I was delighted to have a case officer contacting me last week, I underwent the health exams, sent the police checks, and other docuemnts required by the CO.

What should happen next, and how long is it likely to take ?. Ah, another question, are they gonna phone my employer, is this mandatory ? and will this be a sign for me that my visa is near ?

Thanks in advance

Roky

Hi Going off what you have said it sure does sound like your 'goldenticket' might just be around the corner,lol. I think ours took just under 4 weeks from submitting meds (that was a while ago now though).

Lots of luck and if i was you id start tying up any loose ends and start to de-clutter the house,lol

Cal x

Hi Going off what you have said it sure does sound like your 'goldenticket' might just be around the corner,lol. I think ours took just under 4 weeks from submitting meds (that was a while ago now though).

Lots of luck and if i was you id start tying up any loose ends and start to de-clutter the house,lol

Cal x

Thanks CalNgary, but actually there's no house to sell , it's a rental. Should I consider my self lucky for this :biglaugh:

Yes our house has been on the market since July 08 and we still can't sell it

Tania X:cry:

Hi Tania

Hopefully things will pick up soon, especially now we're into spring, and you will sell really soon.

We're not even on the market yet, hoping to get on soon though.

Denise x

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I contacted the hospital, and they said that the medical reports should have arrived Adelaide by 17/4/2009.

Yet, I haven't heared from DIAC, neither they have phoned my employer ? so do you think I should email them to check about my application status, or I should wait a little bit longer ?!

Regards

Have you checked your on line status to see if they've been receied. Our medicals arrived at HOC on 20 April and are showing as received by our CO on 23 April, with the 3 other members of my family also showing as meds finalised on same date. Mine are still showing as meds outstanding, I'm assuming because they have been referred to a medical officer to assess because I'm on medication.

Denise x

Hi, We're in a similar position. Our meds arrived at HOC 2nd Feb, a week later all finalised except mine! Got CO 17th March, hubbies then went to "further info required" (haven't been in touch with us or agent for anything extra!) My meds say received but on the top still say outstanding!!! 6 weeks later we're still no further on!

Thanks eammon, Thanks Cazz,

How can I check my online application status ?? I actually sent a papaer application, do I still have the facility to check my application status ?!

otherwise, does any one know how the post-lodgment-enquiry works, because there's a tick box called what's the status of my application. but I'm not sure if this enquiry will be forwarded to a case officer to review then reply this would take time I reckon !

Thanks

Hi Cazz - Hopefully your meds will be finalised really soon. Wherabouts in Perth are you heading for?

Hi Roky - not sure if you can check your status if you're a paper application. I'm sure someone will be along soon thta will know the answer.

Denise x

Guest cassandre

Hi Roky,

Hope you don't mind me replying and hope this helps. We lodged our visa via paper too and I checked the status of our visa visa emailing to central migration base, think email address was included on first email received notifying you that you have been allocated a case officer. Within the email I sent I sent all our personal details, visa lodge number, case officers name and received a response this way.

Hope this helps

All the best Cas

Hi Denise, In same boat as you at mo, desperatly trying to get house sorted & put on the market! We are thinking NOR at moment, but it depends where hubby gets work & travelling times. Could end up anywhere, will know more when we've been on our recci, but waiting on visa so can't book anything yet!!! Let's hope we all get put out of our missery soon. X

Hi Roky,

Hope you don't mind me replying and hope this helps. We lodged our visa via paper too and I checked the status of our visa visa emailing to central migration base, think email address was included on first email received notifying you that you have been allocated a case officer. Within the email I sent I sent all our personal details, visa lodge number, case officers name and received a response this way.

Hope this helps

All the best Cas

Thanks very much Cas,

I think I'll go for this email inquiry .

Regards

Archived