medicals and police checks

el capitan

hi all

have finally lodged e visa and am gonna get medicals and police checks in a few months, after paying a fair bit of moolaah to get this far i begrudge having to pay nearly 300 more of these english pounds for a medical and x ray!!

is this the going price to be told im healthy or does anyone kno how to do it cheaper in the south of england?????????

chris

Guest NurseFlo

that sounds about the going rate for a medical and x-rays depending on if you need blood tests (without those you can probably knock off about #100) give or take #25 .....

We've just had our medicals done and it sounds roughly the same as we've paid here in Birmingham. It cost us £260 for each adult (2 of us), £90 for our 13 year old and £50 for our 7 year old - £660 in total. The cost includes courier to HOC.

Denise x

thanks denise,

i guess its roughly the same all over!! im just slowly getting cheesed off with the amount we're all forking out and they can still say no!!!!

still hopefully it'll be worth it in the end sooner im away the better

chris

Eh up Captain..

If its £300 just for you then that is a little pricey...

We live up north and had our meds in Huddersfield, cost £95 for medical, £15 for blood test and £56 for xray....Thats £166 total for 1 adult....

If it is for one person you may be best getting a train up north.....

Goodluck with your meds.....

maybe yr right i should come up there!!!! down ere its 150-medical, 100 xray, plus 20 postage to oz oh and the vat!!!!!!!

stupid thing is ive just had a chest x ray done on nhs and they gave me the x ray!! so have perfectly healthy chest looking at me now! but they wont let me use that in case i changed the name or maybe i have an x ray machine in the garden shed!!!!!

Guest Ruthie

Are people still risking front loading police & medical checks even before they are requested or a CO is appointed? I'm going to apply for 175 online asap & wondered if sending a complete app might possibly speed up the process (provisionally after July 2009 of course!)

Ruthie x

Guest bentkitty
hi all

have finally lodged e visa and am gonna get medicals and police checks in a few months, after paying a fair bit of moolaah to get this far i begrudge having to pay nearly 300 more of these english pounds for a medical and x ray!!

is this the going price to be told im healthy or does anyone kno how to do it cheaper in the south of england?????????

chris

We paid £260 per person at the Cromwell Hospital in London, I shopped around and the cheapest i could get was only £15 cheaper but we had to go a different clinic for the xrays. We chose Cromwell as they do everything in one place. So depends what you mean by 'South' - seems a little steep to me even for London to be honest, but not too far out.

also if you are applying for a 175 and you are not on the CSL you really should not be getting your meds done yet as you may not get processed in time before your meds expire (they are only valid for 1 year). We waited until we had our CO assigned & meds got requested. Also I understand the 1 year period within which to get your visa validated starts from the date of the meds, and not from the date of visa grant, so you need to be confident that you will be in a position to have moved to Oz within a year of getting the med done (if i got this wrong pls someone correct me)

Guest bentkitty
Are people still risking front loading police & medical checks even before they are requested or a CO is appointed? I'm going to apply for 175 online asap & wondered if sending a complete app might possibly speed up the process (provisionally after July 2009 of course!)

Ruthie x

Ruthie - Is your profession on the CSL? If so you should get your CO appointed & meds requested fairly swiftly anyway, so bit of a moot point. If it isn't then you should probably wait as per my other post as the meds have a 1 year shelf life and you really dont want to pay for them twice!! filing the meds/PCs done in advance will not get you ahead of others in the queue to get a CO appointed - it will only save a few weeks of delay at the end after you get your CO, as if you had frontloaded your meds & PCs the CO can process your case faster.

Guest valleylass

El Capitan

Those meds are pricey BUT not as bad as paying £105 for the priviledge of sitting a test to prove you can read and write English.

License to print money this visa lark...heigh ho

valleylass

Hi All

I have just booked my medical for 18/4 in Thorntorn Heath, South London. It costs us 520 in total, for 4 people, 2 adults, 1 child over 11 and 1 child under 11. i have shopped around and think this is the least expensive in London.

The breakdown are

Adult med 165, child (11 plus) 80, child (under11), 60, x-ray 50 each.

Wijaya

Guest Ruthie

Oh thanks for the advice. No, I'm a primary school teacher so I'm not on the CSL or in demand from any states! Bit depressing really. Wanted to go to oz asap as only just aquired enough points for the 175 and now it appears to have been 'frozen' so I'm going to have to join the waiting game!

Thanks for the advice re front loading!

Ruthie x

Guest bentkitty
Oh thanks for the advice. No, I'm a primary school teacher so I'm not on the CSL or in demand from any states! Bit depressing really. Wanted to go to oz asap as only just aquired enough points for the 175 and now it appears to have been 'frozen' so I'm going to have to join the waiting game!

Thanks for the advice re front loading!

Ruthie x

I know it is frustrating. If it is any consolation we started the process a year and a half ago, but have been planning it for 3 years, so it really feels like forever. Our life has been on hold for so long... Ofcourse if you really wanted to get there quickly you can always go down the employer sponsored route, just depends on how desperate you are I suppose...

Eh up Captain..

If its £300 just for you then that is a little pricey...

We live up north and had our meds in Huddersfield, cost £95 for medical, £15 for blood test and £56 for xray....Thats £166 total for 1 adult....

If it is for one person you may be best getting a train up north.....

Goodluck with your meds.....

Hi,

I wonder if you could give me the details of where you ahd them done as I will have 4 adult medicals to pay for :(

Thanks

Archived