Medicals

Guest Lou76

Sorry- didn't mean to freak anyone out!! I assumed it was for lumps. My hubby was on the other side of the curtain but it was still really awkward for me, mind you I don't think anyone would (should?!) like it really! The doctor was as I said extremely professional and stared at the wall throughout. He did warn me first that he was going to do it. I had to strip to my bra so he could listen to my heart, chest & breathing.

Vicar - please don't worry, it is NOT humiliating, your doctor should be really professional - they do dozens of these medicals a day so you're just a number. It's over in a flash. You'll be fine my love!!!

Hiya,

I had a breast exam too, but it was very quick, The Dr. in Preston Lancs did my hubby and son first (whilst daughter and I were in the room). Tom was only 6 at the time and the dr was great, getting him to help with his dads medical (counting toes etc.), The Dr. then did me and my daughter who was 11 then together having sent the 'boys' out of the room and said it was so the 'girls' could have some privacy.

Ali

Hiya we used Dr Million at manchester and no breast exam there !! me ,hubby n kids all went in together so wasnt that nerve wracking really ,just listened to chest examined tummy job done with the touchy bits !! im sure youll be fine guys

Cal x

Guest koala12

Try not to worry too much - I worked myself up into an absolute frenzy worrying about medical as I am very nervous around doctors/hospitals!! What made it worse was I had to go on my own as OH had a meeting and the doctor kept me waiting an hour over my appointment and then when I went in and he listened to my heart he said 'are you nervous cos your heart is beating very fast ' - doh!!!!! Actually I have to say honestly the anticipation was far worse than the actual event - all my doctor did was check heart, BP, weight/heights, feel my tummy (no breast exam for me!), look in mouth, asked a few questions and that was about it. I had blood tests done there and a chest X-Ray at hospital separately. I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much as honestly it's not that bad.....good luck.

Guest Lou76
Hiya,

I had a breast exam too, but it was very quick, The Dr. in Preston Lancs did my hubby and son first (whilst daughter and I were in the room). Tom was only 6 at the time and the dr was great, getting him to help with his dads medical (counting toes etc.), The Dr. then did me and my daughter who was 11 then together having sent the 'boys' out of the room and said it was so the 'girls' could have some privacy.

Ali

Ali - seems like it's only the Preston doctor who does this! How unlucky are we!!

Guest Scarletfever

Crickey...............when I go for my meds at least I'll give them a laugh! I know from experience that I make my wife and kids laugh when I get changed..................well, that and disgust............:embarrassed:

And as far as the breast inspection goes...............is this for males as well?? My son reckons I should wear a bra!!:mad:

At the end of the day, its a medical carried out by professionals...............I just hope the doctor I get doesn't talk like Frankie Howard!!:biglaugh:

Dan

No breast exam here but it was a full strip down to the undies. The OH did however have his testicles examined. The Doc asked if I'd ever had lumps or bumps and was happy with the no I gave.

We weren't allowed in together though, I went second which wasn't good for my nerves but hey ho it's all done now.:cute:

Not all exams seem to be the same, there were differences between mine and OHs (testicles aside) - my teeth were checked, his weren't.

Guest Davidgolf

Dear Vic Of Dibly

Every Time I Throught About My Medical I Would Break Out In A Sweat. Because I Am Over Weight And Like You Have A Couple Of Tums To Keep Me Warm, But I Sailed Throuth The Medicals My O/h Went In First With Our 8 Year Old And Told The Doctor How Worried I Was And I Had Read So Much From Other Pepole About All The Diffrent Thing You Have To Do, All I Had To Do Was Blood Test,, Blood Presser, He Listerd To My Heart, Eye Test And Got Weighed And That Was It. The Doctor Told Me Them That I Was Fine, I May Have Been Really Lucky And Got A Good Doctor, But I Spent So Many Nights Crying Thinking That I Would Stop My Family From There Dreams Because Of My Weight, But I Think As Long As Everything Else Is Fine They Pass You And If Not They Just Do Some Other Tests To Check. Hope All Goes Well For You.

Sharon X

Archived