going out as single parent!!

Guest Donna Brotherton

Guest Donna Brotherton

Hi folks, well just split from boyfriend and going out as single parent, im is that getting on a bit! daughter is 5, he didnt want to go, and its been my life long dream, i need some support!!, feeling down x:sad:

Hi Donna , Having to continue your journey as a single parent is pretty frightening. We all have only one chance at life and you need to follow that dream. There are alot of supportive people on pio so advice or just a general 'pick me up' message are never far away.

Where are you heading to? Have you been to Oz before? Tell us a bit about yourself? Do you know anyone over here? What do you dream of doing over here?

At least you can now start again in a new country make new friends. And your daughter is the right age to adjust very easily.

Guest Donna Brotherton

hi, im 33, been out 4 times, have family and friends out there, going to victoria point, queensland, im a nurse in a/e so will be looking for a job at redlands hospital, just cant get my house sold, where are you, its all pretty nerve racking!

Guest Donna Brotherton

Thank you for your support, it difficult making a life changing desicion to go to the other side of the world, with a child and also having to do it alone, are you there yet? if not, when and where are you going?, whats your circumstances? x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Debs T

I am a single parent with 3 kids and have been offered a job in Brizzie as a midwife. I find the prospect totally terrifying at times and exciting at others not least as I will be going on a 457 visa and as such will have to work full time, something I have not done for years as the sole carer for my 3 kids. I know how daunting it can all be. Have you found suitable child care as this is one thing I am really struggling with? :frown:

Let me know how you get on.

Good luck

Debs

Guest bethnphoebe

hi Donna,

i am going out as a single parent of a 7 year old and i know how daunting the prospect is. Can i ask what you do for a living. The most important thing i think is to find a job with regular hours then hopefully childcare wont be a problem, which will take a lot of pressure off. it's scary but just think of the life you and your daughter will have , thats what i do when i feel unsure.

• 4 years later...

I also am a single parent too and am assured by your posts..i was scared of doing it on my own, it will be a different area from where I lived when I was on a holiday visa, and also was a worried about working full time when I was the sole carer for my son and only worked part time before

im sure we will all be ok as the aussie nature is very happy and helpful

good luck all

Hi folks, well just split from boyfriend and going out as single parent, im is that getting on a bit! daughter is 5, he didnt want to go, and its been my life long dream, i need some support!!, feeling down x:sad:

Love your attitude, missy; I'm sure you will succeed.

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived