Are we nearly there yet??

nickynush

We applied on 28th Jan for a 176 Vic ss. We got our case officer on 9th Feb and on that date all of our submitted documents changed to met. Our PCC and medicals were sent 18th Feb and page 1 changed to medicals finalised on 28th Feb though Meds and PCC were still showing as requested on our document page. There has been no change since 28th feb - until today! Our PCC and Medicals have changed to met on our document page overnight. So now EVERYTHING says MET and FINALISED. I was starting to think that even though we got our case officer fairly quickly we may still have a long wait as I've only seen Sept/Oct 176ss applications being granted recently but I've seen another Jan09 176 applicant granted their visa today. I've heard that when a case officer has finished working on your file it goes to a decision maker. Does anyone think we're at that stage and how long does that part normally take? Has anyhone else had their visas granted fairly soon after their final docs changed to met?

Could someone just give me the exact date I'll get my visa - I'd really appreciate it :wink:

Nicky x

Guest snow white

hi nickynush

glad to hear your finally getting somewhere dont think you will have much longer to wait now

all the best

lesley x

Guest GForce2001z

Well, I can't tell you how long it will still be, but I applied online at the beginning of Feb2008, and am still waiting now:SLEEP:

I have applied for SS as well, as I first applied with family sponsorship and because of the new laws have been pushed down the queue...bummer.

Well good luck anyways.

Graham

Aww, Nicky, I wish I could give you that answer too......

In fact if I worked in visa applications, I would have to ring people personally to tell them the good news :jiggy: What a great job that would be!

Im so sure it wont be much longer for you though :wink:

Guest OgaPoga

Hey Nicky!

Happy to hear that you are almost, almost there and I hope your visa will be granted very soon!

Hi Nicky, I think it's the usual one," how long is a piece of string". We submitted our ss WA visa last Oct, only just got a CO on 17th March, over the next couple of days we got a couple of METS & since then nothing has altered. The PCs & meds were in before we had CO, so it's not like they were waiting on them either! Wish they'd hurry up, we want to book our recci preferably before winter really kicks in over there. Hope you hear soon. X

Guest snow white
Well it must have meant something as we got our visa this morning!!!!:jiggy:

10 weeks from application - not bad!!!!

Nicky x

now it was only yesterday i said you wouldnt have long too wait that is quick

all the best

lesley x

Thank you all.

Yes we'll be booking flights tonight to Melbourne for mid Aug and plan is to settle in Mornington.

Julie, I can't believe you're still waiting to hear from VIC - at least you know the visa wait won't be too long when you do get it.

Good luck all and thanks again

Nicky

Archived