Living in a Land Down Under :-)

Dunkos

Hi Folks,

Just an update on our status since arriving in OZ, we have been here near three weeks now and loving every min of it,

We arrived and were greeted by the lovely Kate(Moving to Melbourne), who i must add as other have said on this form gave a first class service in terms of the airport pick up, the lovely house, all the knowledge and tips she has on hand for you Thanks Kate..

Once we had settled we got right to work!!, sorting out our medicare , vic roads licence etc (which is all explained with the info packs in the house), that sorted we set off to look for a house which we also sorted out fairly quickly (now living in a beach front apartment in st kilda).

In terms of Jobs Angela has already stared a job (Dental Nurse), i got offered a job but turned it down, but im hopeful to get another job offer next week (near my wife so travel will be easy).

We have found the shops great, the life great, pubs great

The only thing Angela doesnt like are angry tram drivers, but thats another story (lol)

hope all you are here or about to arrive have as much fun as us!!!

Dunc & Ang

Guest proud2beaussie

Thanks for a good,well written report,I'm glad that things seem to be going OK for you at the moment and I hope it continues that way.

Good Luck and thanks again for a positive post.

Guest donovan

Hey Dunc & Ang

Great to read your positive post thanks for sharing it with us, Good on yeah Kate for looking after them

Sarah x

Guest Liesl

hi there, I have just joined the forum and are waiting for our visa to come through. Plan on flying to Melbourne end of May so only 8 weeks left. Worried about finding a place to stay for a couple of months while we wait for the container to arrive. Any advice would be greatfully recieved as I feel quite nervous now. Many thanks Liesl and family.

Guest mattsmash

Well done on the move, sounds like incredibly smooth sailing!

I moved to melbourne 6 months ago from London, still looking for a full-time job though, i've gone down the working holiday route where the sailing isn't quite so smooth.

What's your line of work?

Guest Liesl

Hi Matt, I'm a school teacher, husband is a lecturer. Tons of luck with finding a full-time job, a bit different to London eh!!! Liked your blog, love looking at utube. What do you like most about Melbourne? and is the weather as poor as 'They' all say it is?

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Guys

Congratulations on your success, you really deserve it. It was a pleasure having you stay at the short term rental and to be honest I don't think you needed me at all. You have so much get up and go and such a great attitude that I think you would have success anywhere you went.

Umm, please tell Ang she is safe as we haven't had any unexpected knocks at the door, pmsl:tongue:

Hi Folks,

Just an update on our status since arriving in OZ, we have been here near three weeks now and loving every min of it,

We arrived and were greeted by the lovely Kate(Moving to Melbourne), who i must add as other have said on this form gave a first class service in terms of the airport pick up, the lovely house, all the knowledge and tips she has on hand for you Thanks Kate..

Once we had settled we got right to work!!, sorting out our medicare , vic roads licence etc (which is all explained with the info packs in the house), that sorted we set off to look for a house which we also sorted out fairly quickly (now living in a beach front apartment in st kilda).

In terms of Jobs Angela has already stared a job (Dental Nurse), i got offered a job but turned it down, but im hopeful to get another job offer next week (near my wife so travel will be easy).

We have found the shops great, the life great, pubs great

The only thing Angela doesnt like are angry tram drivers, but thats another story (lol)

hope all you are here or about to arrive have as much fun as us!!!

Dunc & Ang

Archived