How does this Roller Coaster ride make you feel!!

Lady Tottington

Hi everyone,

Is it normal to fear the unknown??? Since starting the whole process of emigrating we have been really excited and felt privileged to be in a position to move to Australia. Then when we put the excitement to one side and get to the nitty gritty of actually putting it all into practice, my god this is the scariest thing we probably will ever do.

I was on a high last Tues cause we had our medicals and pcc done, had the house valued and the removal guys round for quotes and that is when we realised just what it all entails.

Today after dropping my daughter off at school reality really hit home the forsale board in the garden!!!

I was just wondering if other people in the same situation have all these mixed emotions going round, although I have not changed my mind about moving to Oz I feel very nervous of the unknown, and if I am honest I am worried about leaving family and friends.

How does this Roller Coaster ride make you feel?? I hope its just not me!! :jiggy:

Guest migration angel

Hi Guys,

Totally normal reactions to any major change. I actually lost hair (seriously!) when we were at the stage you are at now. Stick with it, you will never know if it's right for you until you try.

Good luck!

I feel physically sick today. We have sold my car over the weekend and today signed the paperwork to rent our home out. Also we have booked our x-rays for tomorrow. Its all moving very fast now but I have so much to do and to make matters worse i cant walk well right now just to inflammation in my hip joint so i cant de-clutter as much as i had wanted too.

So i feel for you, i know exactly what you are going through, its hard but it will be worth it!!!

Keep smiling

Emma

x

I think we have felt like you for two years now, everything has been put on hold and we certainly can't plan anything. I use to read people being granted their visas and thinking perhaps we won't get ours, for some reason. Then the visa came through and obviously we are thrilled to bits, but we haven't sold our house so that does dampen our spirits. We are going out to Melbourne in June to validate and then we are going to weigh up our decision on whether to move or not. It certainly is a rollercoaster but i feel i need to get off soon, for my sake and our childrens.

Best of luck

Tania X

Archived