Nurses and working holiday Visa's

ali

I made an enquiry (on behalf of someone else) to our workforce liaison officer regarding nursing and working holiday visa's. This answer is pertaining to Western Australia - the reply to my email is below - hope it's helpful for people who are thinking of may be testing the water! You obviously need to have your registration with nmbwa.

Hi Alison,

We are happy to give nurses on working holiday visas contracts. There are restrictions, such as they can only work in the metro area for six months (any number of hospitals) but could then go to work at country hospitals for up to six months.

For example,

they could do 4 months at Royal Perth, 2 months at Fremantle,(both metro) or 6 months at Armadale,

then

1 month at Geraldton and 5 months at Broome (both country) or six months in Albany.

There is no need to go through an agency, just send their full CV to me about a month before arrival, with a covering letter stating what they are looking for, what visa they have, and dates, I'll put it to all the managers and see if anyone has anything available. The manager will contact and take it from there.

That's if they are mental health. There is no area co-ordination for general nursing so they would have to contact each hospital direct and see what is available.

Hope that helps.

Archived