Does Adelaide have alot of Greenery?

Guest SamSam

Guest SamSam

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me if Adelaide (South Australia) is green as in green grass etc.

I have done a google search and from what i can see South Australia looks quite brown and scorched. Is this just the time of year or is it like this all year round.

I look forward to your comments and thank you for your time.

Guest scott hogarth
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me if Adelaide (South Australia) is green as in green grass etc.

I have done a google search and from what i can see South Australia looks quite brown and scorched. Is this just the time of year or is it like this all year round.

I look forward to your comments and thank you for your time.

Hi, I too am extremely interested - i know what you mean about the scorched look on google earth!! I can't imagine it's like that all the time!?!

Hi, I too am extremely interested - i know what you mean about the scorched look on google earth!! I can't imagine it's like that all the time!?!

Much of the South of Australia except a tiny fringe on the coast looks like that all the time:twitcy: We have had a long drought!

However, in winter the grass "bounces" back and you will see lots of green lanscapes.

My house looks towards a hill and each year I marvel how something so scorched can look so green in a matter of weeks after we've had some rain.

Think of the wineries here too in McLaren Vale, the vines are green as far as the eye can see.

Judi x

It's true! Glorious gold in summer; Aussie green in winter!

Mind you, saying that ...each year my beautiful green lawn has become less and less (don't water as we have a pool and my dishwash water just doesn't have much affect lol)and I think will now and forever Google as a dust-patch! No wonder fake lawn is becoming more popular!

It's quite amazing how you can get the beauty of both gold and green here. The only problem at the mo is the amount of trees that are dying. It's unbelievably sad. Oh and my house cracks in one place every summer and closes every winter!

:laugh:LC

Guest Guest9973

Yup - lots of brown and sun burnt areas in summer.

Great to see some rain and the green return - trouble is that winter here produces some voracious weeds as well.

Don't talk to me about Soursob - damn stuff!!!!

As Lazy Cow says we have a lot of very established trees dying which is a worry.

Guest Guest9973
Don't be such a misery! Kids love Soursob!

Bye Grinch, ol' friend.:tongue::hug:LC

Oi! - less of the "Old" or it'll be less of the friend!

Unfortunately due to water restrictions, it is not as green as it used to be....

As said above, in winter it can get beautifully green....especially just out towards the country when you start seeing crops growing in the paddocks, etc...

Guest tinbasher
It's unbelievably sad. Oh and my house cracks in one place every summer and closes every winter!

It's not the only thing that's cracked at your house. :tongue:

Mrs TinB

Guest SamSam

Thanks for all your information guys, really useful.

At least it's not all doom and gloom and we will still be able to see some greenery.

Thanks Again.:smile:

Guest Guest9973
Thanks for all your information guys, really useful.

At least it's not all doom and gloom and we will still be able to see some greenery.

Thanks Again.:smile:

To be honest it all has a beauty of it's own.:notworthy:

Guest maggieandrich

Dont forget, the reason England is so green is the amount of rain this country has. And a main reason for a lot of people leaving this country (mine included) is the god dammned weather!!!!

If your that keen on green and pleasent scenery, mabye OZ isnt the place for you?

Guest TheArmChairDetective
It's true! Glorious gold in summer; Aussie green in winter!

Mind you, saying that ...each year my beautiful green lawn has become less and less (don't water as we have a pool and my dishwash water just doesn't have much affect lol)and I think will now and forever Google as a dust-patch! No wonder fake lawn is becoming more popular!

It's quite amazing how you can get the beauty of both gold and green here. The only problem at the mo is the amount of trees that are dying. It's unbelievably sad. Oh and my house cracks in one place every summer and closes every winter!

I saw some cracks in Adelaide:biggrin:

Here's some photos

I have others but they may or may not identify peoples houses and I have not received their permission to post.

I saw some cracks in Adelaide

Here's some photos

'Sfunny that 'cos word is one of the cracks has gone.....:jiggy:

Just to share how stupid I am*...I thought the photos were going to be of cracks and I was wondering why anyone would take photos of cracked houses!:goofy:

Much love,

LC

*I have no shame!

Guest Guest9973
I saw some cracks in Adelaide:biggrin:

Here's some photos

I have others but they may or may not identify peoples houses and I have not received their permission to post.

You have now :biggrin:

'Sfunny that 'cos word is one of the cracks has gone.....:jiggy:

Just to share how stupid I am*...I thought the photos were going to be of cracks and I was wondering why anyone would take photos of cracked houses!

Much love,

LC

*I have no shame!

I didn't take any photos of any crack houses:smile:

and taking pictures of cracks....well I wonder what you mean !

Guest Guest9973
Thanks buddy.

No worries......

BTW Jean Genie is "Jean filthy" at the moment - my old fisho mate brought up a hoooge Cuttlefish - that decided he had a secret stash of ink.

Little Ba%&@%d launched it all over my bottom half and the entire deck area - got 4 hours boat washing ahead of me now!!!:arghh:

No worries......

BTW Jean Genie is "Jean filthy" at the moment - my old fisho mate brought up a hoooge Cuttlefish - that decided he had a secret stash of ink.

Little Ba%&@%d launched it all over my bottom half and the entire deck area - got 4 hours boat washing ahead of me now!!!:arghh:

You got to get it down into fresh water soon matey, just to feel the difference.

Little Ba%&@%d launched it all over my bottom half and the entire deck area - got 4 hours boat washing ahead of me now!!!

That'll teach you! I bet you'd do something similar if someone had caught you on a hook, pulled you up out of your natural environment just to kill you!

Sympathetic-to-the-cuttlefish-ily yours,

LC

1.I didn't take any photos of any crack houses:smile:

2.and taking pictures of cracks....well I wonder what you mean !

1.How about opium dens then - although realistically you'd have more luck looking for marjuana fields!

2. I wonder what you mean???

Innocently yours, LC

Guest Guest9973
That'll teach you! I bet you'd do something similar if someone had caught you on a hook, pulled you up out of your natural environment just to kill you!

Sympathetic-to-the-cuttlefish-ily yours,

LC

He tasted nice though - kind of made up for it:biggrin::biggrin:

Archived