Has WA made any changes to State Sponsorship for Tradies yet ???

teejaygb

Just wondering whether WA had made any announcements regarding their plans to make any amendments to their State Sponsorship yet. I am aware they were having a meeting on Friday has anything been announced yet ???

We are keeping our fingers tightly crossed after applying last week as Bricklayer - and decided against our contingency plan of applying to SA aswell - we decided it might go against us and neither State would take us seriously. Still unsure what to do for the best and can't relax!!! Has anyone in the same boat as us applied to two or more States ??

Guest yorkshirepud

Hiya, I dont know about any changes yet, but we have applied for WA too, OH is a chef - so our fingers are crossed also! Lets hope they leave the tradies as they are.

Good luck with your State Sponsorship - keep in touch and let me know how its going. We were a week behind you applying for SS so hopefully we should hear about the same time but there again we are not very lucky - most people who lodged their visas same time as us way back 9th May 08 already got their visa's before the changes some have even moved already :-(

Do you know where in WA you fancy going to yet ??

Kind regards

Tina

Ive put this on another thread but no one answered yet- I want to apply for SS in WA too now but b4 I put myself through it, I really need to know if they ask you to have a specific amount of cash in bank ??!! We own our house so have money there and some savings but need to know before I apply. Thanks.

Also can you go anywhere in WA ?

Hi Dawn,

I think they are just looking to see a realistic amount of money - as long as you have some for relocation costs, and can show you have enough to support your family I think it is ok. We haven't put our house on the market as we don't want to sell it if we can't get a visa - although we are lucky enough to have someone very interested in it should we want to sell. I just put that we had x amount of £'s equity in our house which we would sell and that we have another house which is currently rented out which we will be selling in the future which will give us another x amount of £'s. I am hoping this ok. All our money is tied up in property so I couldn't show them any savings in bank accounts etc.

Hi Dawn,

I think they are just looking to see a realistic amount of money - as long as you have some for relocation costs, and can show you have enough to support your family I think it is ok. We haven't put our house on the market as we don't want to sell it if we can't get a visa - although we are lucky enough to have someone very interested in it should we want to sell. I just put that we had x amount of £'s equity in our house which we would sell and that we have another house which is currently rented out which we will be selling in the future which will give us another x amount of £'s. I am hoping this ok. All our money is tied up in property so I couldn't show them any savings in bank accounts etc.

Oh thank you for your reply- we have some money in bank and house not up for sale as until yesterday was assuming we would be waiting a long time for 175 visa. Been looking into renting house out though. I guess we should just apply and see, wont hurt to try !!

Do they specify suburbs you have to live in ?

I am no way an expert but from what I have been told you just need to show you are committed to living and working in the State - Explain your reasons for choosing the state, list any friends, family or contacts you have in the state. List your preffered area's and why.

Basically we just explained we had a couple sets of friends already living in WA gave their names and addresses and explained that we plan to live somewhere in the area between them - which is 20mins by car. We explained that the children used to go to school together in the UK and would like them to be renuited. That OH had contacts in the construction Industry - again gave full details addresses telephone numbers etc. We said that our 175 visa application had been lodged May 2008 and was case ready. We explained how much funds we had to take over to OZ with us. We gave a detailed list on our expectations on cost of living. Full breakdown right down to insurances & gym memberships. We didn't go overboard though - with shipping costs etc etc - our agent said be thorough but not go over the top.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Teejaygb, thats really helpful. We have decided after weighing it all up to try for sponsorship - and quick before it changes again !! Nothing to lose really, if they say no we ll just carry on waiting for the 175....

Hi Dawn,

spot on

i spoke to randall king in wa gov who told me all this when we first applied for ss

Guest michelledenham
spot on

i spoke to randall king in wa gov who told me all this when we first applied for ss

Hi Ian, Nina and George,

Just wanted to know if you are in WA yet...? Looking at when you got your visa, you could already be there having a 'fantastic time'. If is, where abouts are you? Or, do you know where you are heading?

We are the Denham family from Essex. We are heading to the 'north' of perth... We liked Kinross, quinns rock, butler, yanchep etc....

Still waiting for the visa's at the moment. But hoping to get out there around june time.

FINGERS CROSSED XXXXXX

I am no way an expert but from what I have been told you just need to show you are committed to living and working in the State - Explain your reasons for choosing the state, list any friends, family or contacts you have in the state. List your preffered area's and why.

Basically we just explained we had a couple sets of friends already living in WA gave their names and addresses and explained that we plan to live somewhere in the area between them - which is 20mins by car. We explained that the children used to go to school together in the UK and would like them to be renuited. That OH had contacts in the construction Industry - again gave full details addresses telephone numbers etc. We said that our 175 visa application had been lodged May 2008 and was case ready. We explained how much funds we had to take over to OZ with us. We gave a detailed list on our expectations on cost of living. Full breakdown right down to insurances & gym memberships. We didn't go overboard though - with shipping costs etc etc - our agent said be thorough but not go over the top.

Hope this helps.

YOU are spot on it is as simple as that. I think most are scared because they think its starting again & all that paper work of a mind field to sort through again not so.

Guest yorkshirepud

Hi Tina, that's so unfair isnt it! Yep keep me posted too as to your progress.

We are looking at Secret Harbour - what about you guys?

Hi Ian, Nina and George,

Just wanted to know if you are in WA yet...? Looking at when you got your visa, you could already be there having a 'fantastic time'. If is, where abouts are you? Or, do you know where you are heading?

We are the Denham family from Essex. We are heading to the 'north' of perth... We liked Kinross, quinns rock, butler, yanchep etc....

Still waiting for the visa's at the moment. But hoping to get out there around june time.

FINGERS CROSSED XXXXXX

we are heading that way need to sell our house first we activated in june last year but we are still in uk :sad:

Guest michelledenham

Hi,

So do you think you'll be heading out there as soon as you sell?

We are hoping for june/july.... Well keep an eye out for you!

We are hoping to head Mindarie, Quinns Rocks area I think we have some friends there - although I have been reading about Mandurah area south of Perth and that seems to be very nice too and building work going on ???? Well we can hope I guess.

Secret Harbour ?? I will google it and have a look. Have you been to WA before ?? We have been to Oz, 4 years ago now but only travelled up the East Coast basically did Sydney to Cairns / Port Douglas.

Tina

Hi Tina, that's so unfair isnt it! Yep keep me posted too as to your progress.

We are looking at Secret Harbour - what about you guys?

Guest yorkshirepud

We've never been to Australia before so can only go on research we are doing on the internet etc. We are going to try and keep our minds open though for when we get there just in case we need to move areas, you never know until you try it I guess! I just want to make sure there is a good community and good school!

Hi

The app form asks you to choose a REGION from the WA`s nine regions,we chose 3 regions and then they ask you;

Provide details on why you choose these regions?

How have you researched your prefered locations?

Do you have any evidendence that your skill is in long term demand in your region of preference?

They then ask you to provide an estimate of the funds you will bring with you.

Where will these funds come from?

Provide an estimated cost of relocating to AU.

Do you believe that you can sustain yourself and dependants if your app is successful.

We are saving as we go and we dont have a house to sell so we gave them a detailed plan of how we are saving and how much we have saved so far.

They did not ask for any proof, now we wait with our fingers crossed.

Hope this helps

Mylady

Oh thank you for your reply- we have some money in bank and house not up for sale as until yesterday was assuming we would be waiting a long time for 175 visa. Been looking into renting house out though. I guess we should just apply and see, wont hurt to try !!

Do they specify suburbs you have to live in ?

Hi

The app form asks you to choose a REGION from the WA`s nine regions,we chose 3 regions and then they ask you;

Provide details on why you choose these regions?

How have you researched your prefered locations?

Do you have any evidendence that your skill is in long term demand in your region of preference?

They then ask you to provide an estimate of the funds you will bring with you.

Where will these funds come from?

Provide an estimated cost of relocating to AU.

Do you believe that you can sustain yourself and dependants if your app is successful.

We are saving as we go and we dont have a house to sell so we gave them a detailed plan of how we are saving and how much we have saved so far.

They did not ask for any proof, now we wait with our fingers crossed.

Hope this helps

Mylady

Hi what regions did you opt for if i may ask

Guest Marie & David

Hi all

just starting reading your threads, and I was wondering when you app for your SS, and which way round did you do it, I am feeling a little worried as I look at peoples time lines they have done their visa's first ie 175, but we need SSV before we can do are 176 visa, I feel like we are the only ones doing it this way, is any one else in the same boat, my HO is a carpenter, and we have picked Peel, wheat belt, great southern as his job was at the top of there lists.

Marie

Hi

We have also applied for ss and are waiting for a reply so that we can apply for the 176.we applied for ss on 26/03 so its early days.

There is a lot of us in the same boat so dont worry.We picked Mid West,Great Southern and Peel cos the eelectricians were on their list.

Hang in there you are not alone.

Kind Regards

Mylady

Archived