Youv'e gotta apply for state sponsorship!!!!!!!

Guest Guest1

Guest Guest1

Hi guys, I am an Upholsterer, and my trade was removed ifrom the CSL n January 2009, so i know how you all are feeling.(Gutted).

Thanks to Gill and Alan, i have applied to WA for sponsorship and they are supporting it.

I think the way forward for all who have been removed from the CSL, is to apply for State sponsorship as fast as you can.

The processing times are 8-10 weeks at the moment, but will increase, with the ever growing number of applications.

Be quick and apply as soon as you can is the answer.!!!!!!!!

Regards

Daz

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Daz & Gill

Well done on your State Sponsorship. :smile:

You are 100% right in saying that everyone in the same boat as you were in would be well advised to copy what you did.

I saw a thread on here earlier in which it sounds as if a lady on here had quite a chat with WA on the phone earlier today (Tuesday) morning. They told her that the Minister's latest change to the CSL has happened so suddenly and unexpectedly that WA have not had time to respond to it. However she was told that the relevant WA team will be meeting this coming Friday to discuss the latest changes.

So we need to keep an eye on WA and all the other State Lists for the next couple of weeks to see whether any of the Lists do change in response to the new CSL.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi guys, I am an Upholsterer, and my trade was removed ifrom the CSL n January 2009, so i know how you all are feeling.(Gutted).

Thanks to Gill and Alan, i have applied to WA for sponsorship and they are supporting it.

I think the way forward for all who have been removed from the CSL, is to apply for State sponsorship as fast as you can.

The processing times are 8-10 weeks at the moment, but will increase, with the ever growing number of applications.

Be quick and apply as soon as you can is the answer.!!!!!!!!

Regards

Daz

Applied this morning x

I totally agree! We are very fortunate as we did secure state sponsorship over Xmas and applied for our 176 at the end of Jan 09. We now have a case officer and our online status shows everything as MET, so we are decision ready now. We didn't have much choice about going for a 176 as OH is almost 44 and we needed the points - luckily we want to go to VIC and his skill was on their list when we applied for state sponsorship. If it hadn't have been we would have applied to SA instead as they were the only other state sponsoring tilers at the time.

I know some people have reservations about being tied to one state for 2 years but no one knows what the future holds and what changes may be made to MODL, SOL, future CSL lists, or points required even! So... listen to Alan and Gill and, if you are eligible, get your applications for state sponsorship in now to avoid a lengthy wait and potentially getting caught out by further changes.

We had friends that emmigrated 3 years ago - they were determined to go to Queensland but were short on points and so had to go to South Australia. They had travelled all of Australia apart from SA and so didn't know what to expect and to be honest, weren't really keen BUT, they were so determined to get there that they were willing to "do" 2 years in SA and then move on. 3 years on they love Adelaide and wouldn't go anywhere else - they feel they have discovered a bit of a "secret" and are more than happy to stay put.

So don't dismiss state sponsorhip - you may end up somewhere you hadn't considered - and love it!

Nicky

Guest Guest1
Applied this morning x

Hi Dawny, I hope you are one of the lucky ones with the sponsorship.

Give them about four or five weeks, then give them a ring.

You can get through to them quite easy in the mornings around 7 o'clock.

Regards

Daz

Archived