VISA for 4 years (Sponsored by Employer)

Guest Rico

Hi

I have a job offer in Sydney and my new employer is going to be sponsoring me for 4 years. The VISA was lodged 3 weeks, but I aint heard anything yet... my employers told me it would take about 2-3 weeks to be processed.

Im really worried cos I have handed in my notice and my last day at work is Friday. I had to hand in my notice as my new employer wants me to start working ASAP.

Can anyone else tell me how long they have had to wait for sponsorship?

Also who is the best airline to fly with (i aint even booked my flights as I dont have my VISA!)

Guest nuttycaz

Hi

We are going over to Melbourne on a temporary long term visa for 4 years. The agent lodged our visa on the 6th of October, we had our meds, well the children did and we had our x-rays on the 17th, we heard the final 'yes' we can go this tuesday which was yesterday lol, the 1st November!!

Ge in touch with your agent to settle your mind, ours has been great, answered all our questions.

Good luck

Cazzy

Hi Catty

Thanks for the reply. I havent actually applied for a VISA as my new employer is doing it for me. I have been in constant contact with them and they have informed me that they are unable to chase up the visa. Basically its just a waiting game!

I know i prob shouldnt have finished up work, but If I hadnt it would've delayed me going over there.

Do you know if it takes the same time if an employer is processing a VISA?

Guest nuttycaz

Hi Rico

Sposed to be a quicker way to get the visa done if your employer is dealing with the application. Our agent lodged the application online, probs ours took 7 weeks from us sending all the documents, to them lodging the application and us recieving an answer.

The waiting is mad!!!

We are lucky tho that we have someone doing it all for us, those of you having to do all the work yourselves are doing a brill job - well done!!!

:lol:

hi cazzy (again)

what I'm worried about is that I dont get my VISA and then I'm facing unemployment. My employer in Sydney informs me that more than 50% of their staff are British and that they've never had a VISA rejection... im just worred that Im gonna be the first!

• 1 year later...
Guest Lizwoolley

Hi,

my name is Liz and my husband and I are applying for a 457. We passed the points test with 125 points, but he was offered a job and we decided to go on a 457 and see if we like Oz. We were told it was ok to apply for the PR as soon as we were out there, as we plan not to go through the company, as we know you have to wait 2 years. Our sponsor has never sponsored anyone before, but they company decided to do it for us and asked us how long we wanted the sponsorship for, as they knew we would apply for the PR not long after we moved, pending that we like it there. We said 2 years should be enough. I am now reading how its normal for companies to sposnor for 4 years. Do you think the Immigration department will have a problem if its not for 4 years? Also, on our 457 app. on the section that asks for salary I based it on after tax not before and the yearly salary was not the legal requiremnt of at least $41,850 per year. I e-mailed them to explain that I put the wrong salary and that I havent received my work contract yet. Anyway, has anyone else ever made a small error on your 457 and passed? I am just panicking here..lol.. The sponsors apps have been in for 5 weeks and a CO was assigned, but needed more info, which the company is supplying them. It should not be to long now until they get to ours!! Any re-assurance would be grateful.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on..lol

• 8 years later...

Hi Guys and gals,

I just received my PR one minute ago.

I just can't believe.

Nom date: 27 Oct 2015

Nom approval date: 13 May 2015

Visa lodged: 27 Oct 2015

PR grant date: 13 May 2015

No request for information, just receive the grant notice straight away without any notice.

I am sooooo happy and I hope you all will get your visa soon.

Finger crossed.

Hi Guys and gals,

I just received my PR one minute ago.

I just can't believe.

Nom date: 27 Oct 2015

Nom approval date: 13 May 2015

Visa lodged: 27 Oct 2015

PR grant date: 13 May 2015

No request for information, just receive the grant notice straight away without any notice.

I am sooooo happy and I hope you all will get your visa soon.

Finger crossed.

Most of the other people on this thread applied 9-11 years ago.

I would hope they'd have heard something by now..

Archived