State Sponsorship info required

cobbler

Hi All,

I'm not sure how I can go forward at the moment, but I have been given a firm Job Offer with a national company in Australia but they will not sponsor me (only give a written confirmation of a job offer) then another company with an international brand name are considering a Job offer and Sponsorship. If I am unable to get an Employers sponsorship visa (Because my trade was taken of the skills in demand list in 2007, Shoemaker/Shoe repairer) How would I apply for a state sponsorship visa (off list nomination for skilled sponsored visa), I have emailed a letter regarding my marital status ,work experience though not a formal cv to the Migration Centre .This was emailed on the 19th feb 2009 and I haven't had a reply, Have I done it right?? if not what do I do? Please help.

Any info please

I am hoping to apply for a state sponsorship visa but I can't find where to get it from.:unsure: Please help. I have been given a firm job offer but not a sponsorship. I hope to move with my wife and three children aged 3,6 & 8. I would prefer to apply online if it comes back quicker. Thanks..

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Cobbler

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Please slow right down. It sounds to me as if you could be heading for a potential tangle with all this.

Shoemaker 4943-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Shoemaker is not on the current MODL but it is on the SOL. It is also worth 60 points.

Whereabouts in Oz is the prospective employer based, please? That is crucial to how you deal with the next steps. You are more likely to be able to secure State Sponsorship for the Skilled Regional Spponsored subclass 475 (Provisional) visa than you are to be able to secure an off list nomination for a subclass 176 visa because each State gan only grant 500 off list Nominations. With so few to play with, the States are being very fussy about who gets them.

So where is the company's HQ, does it have any Regional HQs and whereabouts would your actual day-to-day place of employment be, please?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi again Cobbler

I have emailed a letter regarding my marital status ,work experience though not a formal cv to the Migration Centre .This was emailed on the 19th feb 2009 and I haven't had a reply, Have I done it right?? if not what do I do? Please help.

No that is not right but the State concerned will simply ignore it so it does not matter either.

I am composing a longer reply to you explainiing the whole thing properly and I have merged your two threads into one for clarity, continuity and simplicity.

In the meantime, please could you answer the questions in my first reply on this thread?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi again Cobbler

Let us take this right from the top, please.

You are a Shoemaker/Shoe Repairer:

Shoemaker 4943-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Before you can apply for any sort of State Sponsored Visa you first need a positive pre-migration skills assessment from the relevant assessment authority. The relevant authority in this case is Trades Recognition Australia:

workplace.gov.au - 1 Skills assessment for people intending to migrate to Australia

Now – TRA require evidence that you hold formal trade qualifications and that you have completed either a four year formal, indentured Apprenticeship or that you have completed an informal type of apprenticeship lasting not less than 5 years. So – how long have you been a cobbler for and what sort of training did you to in order to become a fully fledged, fully skilled cobbler, please? Do you have any C&G or NVQ qualifications? If so, which ones please?

Please see this document, called the Uniform Assessment Criteria or UAC:

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/FA0FD1E1-8B74-4C11-AFBB-2C159890FF80/0/UniformAssessmentCriteriaSeptember2007.pdf

What I want to know at this stage is whether you can demonstrate compliance with TRA skilled Pathway A or Pathway B. Please see the table in Section 8 and then Sections 9 & 10 of the document. The first thing to examine is whether A or B might be possible.

If not then we will have to consider TRA Pathway E instead but let us leave that till we know whether or not your existing work experience, training and qualifications will be enough.

Could you also please tell me your current age?

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks Very much Gollywobbler for your input to my situation. I hope I give you the right ansews. First of all the company that has given me a firm job offer but no sponsorship is Mister minit by the Regional manager (Queensland) he has offered locations of Brisbane city, Rockhampton or Gladstone. Another Regional manager has said he would be interested in me in New South Wales, But because the company was not offering sponsorship I thought this was not an option. Although I now feel by what has been said here there might be new hope:idea: the companies HQ is in NSW. The other Company that have said they will consider both a job offer and sponsorship is RM Williams (bootmakers) HQ in Salisbury 20 miles North of Adelaide SA. Visa issue seems a main stumbeling block. I have sourced a CRICROS Approved Training Officer in Australia that has said they are willing to assess my Footwear skills for AQF Level 3 certificate 3 while I am in the UK (cost $2000). I have been a Shoe Repairer since 1990. Working for Mister minit uk from 1990-1994.Then worked for Timpsons (national company) 1994-2000.There is no recognised qualifications for this trade in the UK just on the job training and companies own skills assessment. Then in 2000 I brought my first shoe Repair shop. In 2007 I opened my second shoe repair shop. Then in 2008 opened my third shop. I am 39 years old and my wife is 34.

Sorry for going on a bit ,please reply Gollywobbler:notworthy:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Cobbler

Thanks for this information.

State & Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

The link to all of the State/Territory migration websites is above.

Most of them use on-line application forms.

However you need to get a positive skills assessment from TRA before you can apply for State Sponsorship, so get your AQF III assessment and then your TRA application organised first, I suggest.

Once you have a positive skills assessment then either of the companies could consider offering to back you for immediate Permanent Residency in Oz via either the ENS subclass 121 visa or (in a regional part of Oz) possibly an RSMS 119 visa. Both of these visas offer very fast trackiing and employers in SA tend to know about and be keen on the RSMS visa.

Skilled Workers Permanent Visa Options- Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Employer Sponsored Migration Booklet - Australian Immigration

The State Sponsored visas are the subclass 176 (immediate PR and you can live & work wherever you like in the relevant State) or the provisional subclass 475 visa.

The visas are here:

Visa Options – Professionals and other Skilled Migrants – Workers – Visas & Immigration

Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet

Each State/Territory is able to offer 176 sponsorship for occupations which are not on its own List for 176 sponsorship but they are restricted to 500 of these off list nominations per State/Territory and competition for them is fierce.

They are not restricted in how many off list nominations they can offer for the provisional sc 475 visa, however.

Are you using an Agent? If so, which one, please? Using one of the top notch gents would definitely help you whereas a run of the mill agent might not be much use at all in your case. The really good ones are often cheaper than the not so good ones, as well.

Please shout if you want more help at this stage.

Cheers

Gill

I have not got an Agent yet, Any suggestions on the best ones please? Although I have just emailed rm williams again quoting some of the details in the last reply to put them in the picture of the situation, Thanks again

Archived