Manners, Or Lack Of!

Tallyho!

Guest WARDStoOZ
Well im from Manchester and now living in Brisbane and i can hand on heart say Earls is talking poo!!! Crime and idiots here are not on par with what you see there on a daily basis. Dont worry Kim you will be fine over here, you still get the odd buffoon but not half as much as in Manchester.

Cal x

Thank goodness for people like you Cal - keeping those with dreams sane xx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest9973

Let's hope Kim does not suffer any more of this Yobbism.

My beef with Earlswood is because of his lack of sympathy basically.

Kim never compared to Aus - just wanted a rant and get it off her chest after some frightening experiences.

Earlswood brought up Aus and as usal uses this thread for his own agenda.

Shame on you for lack of sympathy.................. especially after saying how much of a thoughtful person you are in another thread.

A real gentleman would apologise.:realmad:

:hug:

Unfortunately Kim there are idiots where ever you go, and rudeness spans all ages and cultures.

I know it leaves a horrible feeling in your gut, but it will pass.

Michelle

xx

• 11 months later...

Standing there like a ####### lemon holding the door open for someone who is ten yards away then they breeze past yer without a nod of the head,a kiss me ar#e or anything!:mad:

Drivers on a road that is two cars wide,they are turning right or going straight on and all you want to do is turn left,but they sit in the MIDDLE of the road instead of to the right, blocking your exit left!!!!!

AAAaaaaaaarrrgghhh,yes its been one of those days again!:wubclub:

Guest guest37336

This post is going to be fairly lengthy and detailed, I apologise from the outset that I may bore you. You may have completely opposing views to my own, absolute polar opposites, I may not agree with you in anyway at all, but that does not stop you voicing your concerns, after all that is all I and others have done during this post, we have to use a metaphor, grabbed the 'bull by the horns' and gone for it. But this country at the moment seems to be spiraling out of control, for the mere fact that the morons, idiots and numpties seem to be taking over. It has been this way for a long time and one that should be radically changed asap. I am not saying that we should all live our lives constantly thinking about other people and how they should be treated, we are all under immense pressure in this modern world, it is enough that we have to concern ourselves with our own very existence, and to think of others, constantly, would only put more pressure on us.

No, what I am saying is this, if SOME could make the smallest differences to their own lives and think a little more about how their lives impact on others then maybe, just maybe, we would all have the opportunity to live in a fairer and more pleasant environment. SOME seem to living their lives with little regard for what is happening all around us, SOME have lost sight of the bigger picture as it were, if you like, SOME have lost the sense of community. They are acting as if the consequences of their actions have little, if any impact on all those around them, and the country as a whole. As human beings our first responsibility should be to ensure that the world we inhabit is a fit, just and fair place to live, for us all. Yes, I know, living in cloud cuckoo land with little comprehension about the real world. I am not commenting on the huge leaps we have made in many areas, medicine, inventions etc, no what I am commentating on is this, that SOME have all played a part in making this country one that at times I find very difficult be proud of.

I am not commentating for one-second on the more peripheral aspects of our society. Without a doubt we as a nation have become wealthier, healthier, our expectations are higher than ever before, and the leaps in our knowledge of all manner of subjects are enormous, but here is the question, can you honestly say that we now live in a far nicer country, where we all act together in a responsible way that makes this country one to be proud of. Be honest, have SOME played a part in making this country what it is today, one where SOME do not care about all those around them to any degree, where because of SOME peoples attitude this country has lost any semblance of pride and self esteem that seemed so abundant many years ago.

It is only when enough of us stand up and voice our concerns that change will come about. The trouble is that those in 'power' seem to ignore the good people of this country and all they do is pander to the inane, trivial, and lets face it, morons of this country. As I said, it would be very very easy for you to accuse me of all manner of things, top on the list would be unpatriotic in the extreme. This could not be farther removed from the truth if it tried. I have as I have said in previous posts I been fortunate enough to have lived and worked in several countries, and this country of ours is still one of the greatest on earth, or rather, could be, again. Maybe this appreciation does not come until you have had the opportunity to experience and see other countries, to see their environments first hand, to immerse yourself completely in their culture, I do not know if this is the case, if it is then I have been truly blessed with the experiences I have had, we are not all in the position to do so, and I realise this, and I count myself lucky to have done so. We still to this day have some of the best medical care in the world, the best schooling, the best law enforcement, the list is endless, I could go on. Compared to some parts of the world, we are living in paradise, and this includes Australia.

There is nothing wrong in anyway of us thinking of ourselves at all, we all have the same concerns such as, our careers, our next car, kids schooling, health care or which. All I am trying to say is this, SOME are so self absorbed at the present time that they are missing the bigger picture. If we all had the power of our convictions and tried to change what we see as wrong in this country then maybe we would appreciate this country a lot more and do our utmost to make sure that it is a country to be truly proud of, in all respects. We are living in a country that no longer is one to be proud of, compare the UK at the moment to other countries who are a lot worse off than ours, do we not owe it to this country and ourselves to ensure that what we have, is made into the best possible place it can be.

I guess what I am really trying to say is this. That until a lot more of the ordinary, I hate that word by the way, respectful, compassionate peoples views are listened to then this country will continue to spiral out of control. For far too long we have all witnessed behaviour that we find not only abhorrent, but also reprehensible in the extreme. True, we could all act as 'vigilantes' or 'radicals', but this would only bring conflict and harm to those that want this country to be what it once was. No, we as a people deserve more, so much more. It's about time the sane and respectful amongst once again took control of the country and demanded change. As I have said previously, the trouble is those of us who have seen this countries decline for many years feel as our voice will never be heard, because we are too 'nice'.

A return to core values, and here are the important words, 'SOCIAL CONSCIOUSNESS' is only possible when the people who take liberties, act reprehensibly, and dismiss this countries future as 'not important' of this country are made to pay for their short comings and shown the error of their ways. Sorry if I am ranting, but at least it is off my chest. On a final note, Australia has its fair share of problems, it is NOT perfect, but I will tell you this. That Australia's society is still one where for the vast majority of the time the 'normal' and 'nicer' people still have a say.

Thank you.

Guest guest37336

It has just been pointed out to me (better half) that I need to clarify one point. When I say 'SOME' in my previous post I mean the vast 'minority'. I apologise I didn't make my thoughts plain in the first instance.

Hi Tallyho

Glad you're ok, its stupid idiots that give Manchester a bad name!!! :arghh: and the reason I want my sons away from here.

Lisa xx

What a day!

Whilst sitting in traffic last night going to the MEN Arena in Manchester a young lad (who appeared to be completely off his face on something), stepped off the pavement and proceeded to hurl abuse at us sitting in the car and then started to kick my car!! Now I’m sat in a car with 3 burly blokes (one of which was my OH) who would have easily dealt with this young lad, but considering the area we were in decided it would be best to just drive off and do nothing. So now I’m left with having to replace a wing on my car :arghh: Great.

Then today just after picking my eldest up from school, we’re driving home when a car pulls out in front of me – I give it a quick pap on the horn, to which the car promptly stops in the middle of the road and a very large man gets out and proceeds to hurl abuse at me and then kick my car!!! Aargh – what is it with people???? I’m sat in a car with an 11 and 4 year old who were petrified. Now I need a new bonnet – even better! :arghh:

I’ve now just been shopping with the kids and my god what is it with people, I give up. Am I being anal when it comes to using manners? I don't think so – well not when a 4 year old can point out that most of the people in the shop are pig ignorant and wouldn’t know what manners were if they slapped them in the face (which I really felt like doing). The majority of these ignorant people were pensioners – who go on that the youth of today have no manners – well if they watched them for half an hour its no flippin wonder!

Sorry rant over – needed to get that off my chest.

Guest guest30038
The majority of these ignorant people were pensioners – who go on that the youth of today have no manners

That is exactly what infuriates me so. Not neccessarily pensioners, but older folk who really should know better and are the first to jump on the "kids of today" band wagon :arghh:

Teach by example............but unfortunatley...............IME..........many kids don't experience much of a good example nowadays.

Bloody hell Pabs! did you archive this post?...........it's an oldie but goldie....like me :biglaugh:

kev

Guest thebexta
Hi Kim

It's awful when a mother and kids gets treated like that isn't it. I bet you were angry and shaking.

Like Tania says at least you weren't injured.

Similar thing happened to me on the way home from school run. Apparently I didn't exit the junction quickly enough for the speed freak behind who bipped his horn and shouted abuse at me from his window. So I pulled over to let him pass and he pulled up behind, got out and tapped on the window with an axe saying 'get your f'ing head round this you b**ch'!!! Should have just continued to the police station really instead of pulling over, but you think because you've got common sense other people have too - WRONG!!! Thought he'd be pleased to have me out the way and zoom off - clearly another one on the verge of a psychotic episode!!

And as for 'old people', a friend of mine became a bus driver for a short while and said the oldies were the rudest!!!

Glad you're ok. I think that once you've decided to leave, life starts to show you that you have the right idea (if you know what I mean!!)

Sue x

OMG he came up to your window with an AXE??! Was this still in UK or over here? If in Oz, where please ...? I agree with a couple of other posts, agree a bat on the seat next to you might not be a bad idea but think the "let it go" (if you can) and drive on approach much more beneficial all round, for you and other pratt driver (to put it nicely). Its just not worth it - I try to pity the offending driver, they're either having a crappy day or else a crappy life and they can't quite help themselves they have to be crappy towards others - kinda works, certainly think my lofty tut-tut dimishes my own annoyance :laugh:

Have been in Oz for 15 yrs now, difficult for me to comment on how the UK is now, wasn't exactly Utopia when I left but I think it really has gone downhill pretty rapidly (prob cos I left - ha ha) according to my relo's and friends still there. But I reckon it is better out here, in general, safety wise. If I had to say why I feel this way, well probably cos despite the shockers you hear about on the news, basically there's a heluva lot less ppl so altho this bucks the statistics idea (1 in whatever!) I still feel you're less likely to bump into a-holes, certainly not 3 in one short space of time which is what Tallyho encountered. However, if I drive after dark I lock all the doors of the car, sometimes if the kids are in the car I lock the doors in daytime. I worry a bit in case I have a crash and the ambo's can't get in but for some reason I think ambush at the traffic lights is more likley than an accident. :unsure: In Melb this week a bloke carjacked a woman with her 3 yr old in the back seat and held a knife to her, the mum, and then her kid, until she drove where he wanted. He let them both out unharmed later but this just highlights that **** happens everwhere ...

Annnnyway, long post, sorry, hope all you beleaguered mums make it here, prob most worrying thing then for you is red-backs (all over my bleedin garden!) and the big biteys in the sea if the younguns become surfy dudes/dudettes! Personally when I get "down" over the state of the world I count up all the ppl I know who are really rather normal and lovely against all those who are really rather ... unpleasant/unreasonable that I bump into and it usually makes me feel bit better!

Becky :cool:

Lets get things into perspective , this is a global thing and not defined to selective countries , all the bad crap about the uk is because the uk is tiny compared to other places , aus has its bad behaviour and social tossas. When are we going back to in the uk to the safe age 50`s 60`s very safe kid abuse rife because lets face it its been occurring since year dot , but kids then were not listened to no organisations to phone ,no childline . Anti social behaviour , teddy boys ,mods and rockers , they did not hold tea parties but were into violence same gang trouble as is today . The good old days were not , its just people tend to remember the good things and not the bad. There is a social problem and a dole wallah class whatever you want to call it and a lot of it is thanx to the bitch a t no 10 mrs T whose partys strategy decimated the uk resource and heavy manufacturing base

Mally

is she dead yet

Yup,i too had the same chit as you in the UK , i sounded my horn to an ignorant pig who simlpy drove down the wrong side of the road to avoid the queue.The drug?drink crazed yob stopped in the middle of the road,stormed over to me,spat in my face(as i had the window down)then punched me through the drivers window recess.All this whilst hurling the most foul mouthed obscenities and in view of literally scores of people in broad daylight!Was then advised by more than one person not to pursue the matter,as i and my family will suffer.It's a million miles from that over here in Oz,yes there is bad driving,but most Aussies are good and decent human beings,and would not even dream that things like this go on,in my experience.Rather be here now,more civilised.:biggrin:

Its funny but where i live its (allegedly ) full of gangsters and criminals and because you never know who you are standing next to there is generally a lot of respect and good manners.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
i think the people in Australia are far ruder than the people of the UK..and I experienced it for 2 years with adults and youths.

Hi everyone,

the replies from earlswood which are from before he was banned are typical of his anti-OZ rants and it is clear in this one that they all have a common factor which are that it was (his experience) which if his horrible replies are anything like how he behaves in real life, then no wonder the Australians treated him like they did, he deserved it. I still laugh at when he said there is more crime in Perth than in London, it had me in stitches. Hopefully he never returns to PIO its a far better forum without him.

YES theres crime in Australia and YES there is anti-social behavior, but in the uk its blighting most of the country, where as in Australia you can get far away from this type of behaviour, which gives the impression that standards and morals are alot higher, which i am convinced they are, but thats my opinion.

sorry to hear about the thread starters incident with her car, but she did the right thing, the moronic scally might have had a gun and thats why he was being so brave, because they are all cowards really.

OMG he came up to your window with an AXE??! Was this still in UK or over here? If in Oz, where please ...? I agree with a couple of other posts, agree a bat on the seat next to you might not be a bad idea but think the "let it go" (if you can) and drive on approach much more beneficial all round, for you and other pratt driver (to put it nicely). Its just not worth it - I try to pity the offending driver, they're either having a crappy day or else a crappy life and they can't quite help themselves they have to be crappy towards others - kinda works, certainly think my lofty tut-tut dimishes my own annoyance

Have been in Oz for 15 yrs now, difficult for me to comment on how the UK is now, wasn't exactly Utopia when I left but I think it really has gone downhill pretty rapidly (prob cos I left - ha ha) according to my relo's and friends still there. But I reckon it is better out here, in general, safety wise. If I had to say why I feel this way, well probably cos despite the shockers you hear about on the news, basically there's a heluva lot less ppl so altho this bucks the statistics idea (1 in whatever!) I still feel you're less likely to bump into a-holes, certainly not 3 in one short space of time which is what Tallyho encountered. However, if I drive after dark I lock all the doors of the car, sometimes if the kids are in the car I lock the doors in daytime. I worry a bit in case I have a crash and the ambo's can't get in but for some reason I think ambush at the traffic lights is more likley than an accident. :unsure: In Melb this week a bloke carjacked a woman with her 3 yr old in the back seat and held a knife to her, the mum, and then her kid, until she drove where he wanted. He let them both out unharmed later but this just highlights that **** happens everwhere ...

Annnnyway, long post, sorry, hope all you beleaguered mums make it here, prob most worrying thing then for you is red-backs (all over my bleedin garden!) and the big biteys in the sea if the younguns become surfy dudes/dudettes! Personally when I get "down" over the state of the world I count up all the ppl I know who are really rather normal and lovely against all those who are really rather ... unpleasant/unreasonable that I bump into and it usually makes me feel bit better!

Becky :cool:

Hi Becky

It was in UK in a small town in the midlands.

I think this thing can obviously happen everywhere.

There just happen to be people who are on the verge of a psychotic episode and you happen to be in their way.

In fact we had two incidents in a row very close together. The other one was with a short fat guy and his pit bull dogs!!!!! My OH was holding my little girl and the dog owner was grabbing my OH trying to 'get him out and show him what for'!!!! This was in a market, and happened because his dogs slobbered over our legs and nearly knocked my son over - I had the audacity to say something!!!!! - So totally my fault there then!!!!! But the funny thing is that everyone moved as far a way as possible, not one person dared to say anything to this guy to stop him!! THAT is the the thing that bothers me most!! People are scared to stand up to these bullies, because of the POSSIBLE consequences.:sad:

My OH stayed very calm and got his phone out to call the police and the guy walked off abusing us - not been to that market again - and won't!

Sue x

Guest sh7t man no way
It has just been pointed out to me (better half) that I need to clarify one point. When I say 'SOME' in my previous post I mean the vast 'minority'. I apologise I didn't make my thoughts plain in the first instance.

i shake my head in disbelief A380--im sure this is a first for you whilst posting on pio---please stay more focused,and disciplined in future posts,we look to you for leadership in verse,and content in all that we do---i thought it good manners to point this out:wubclub:

Guest guest37336

You just made my evening. After watching England stumble a victory against Wales I needed that. England has many downsides, but I tell you what, no better nation at sarcasm, and irony. The three of you know who you are, Aldo, Pablo and sh7t man no way, you are legend on PIO. Without a doubt the very best at this very English trait. Thanks.:biglaugh:

Guest sh7t man no way

i commend you on your good manners in responding to my post so promptly A380--i also think you are on your way to a certain status on pio of which you should feel rightly proud of--i have monitored your rise amongst the ranks with keen interest (im very impressed) please keep up your outstanding contribution to this wonderful site--we need your outstanding ability,wit,and maturity,and i never speak for others but dare i say, we all think your a wonderful person.---ps its nice to be nice--its not against the law---------lolxxalan

Guest guest37336

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Stop it. My OH can't understand what I'm laughing at. Enough already. But, many thanks, I will do my best.:biglaugh:

i commend you on your good manners in responding to my post so promptly A380--i also think you are on your way to a certain status on pio of which you should feel rightly proud of--i have monitored your rise amongst the ranks with keen interest (im very impressed) please keep up your outstanding contribution to this wonderful site--we need your outstanding ability,wit,and maturity,and i never speak for others but dare i say, we all think your a wonderful person.---ps its nice to be nice--its not against the law---------lolxxalan

" its nice to be nice "

I will have to try that!:laugh:

Guest sh7t man no way
" its nice to be nice "

I will have to try that!:laugh:

its quite rewarding andy---but only in small controlled doses-----come on mate give it a go-------you know it makes sense:biggrin:ps i think you are wonderfull,and my fave person on pio-----------lets have a pat on the back love in on pio for a change.

Think yourself lucky (figuratively speaking of course!). My dad who is age 73 had the audacity to beep at a bloke who had carved him and several others up in style. At the lights though, this arse got out of his car and came over to my dad carrying.... wait for it... a machete. He was shouting and swearing and completely out of control. Luckily dad was able to get out of there a bit sharpish, or he would have just become another statistic. Also, he was in a petrol station and was walking from his car in to pay for the petrol when a young sh1t reversed and just slightly (thank god) hit him. Dad has had his hips replaced three times and usually walks with sticks but shouted out "hey you, you just reversed into me". To which the kid told him to F off old man and accused him of being in his way and then stuck his finger up into his face. Luckily a ruddy great builder in a white van saw what was going on and intervened in an angry way shall we say. Offered to deck him for dad to which he declined, told the kid he shouldn't pick on a defenceless old bloke and that he would be old himself one day. He made him apologise to dad and told him to er, be on his way. Yay to him and for daring to get invovlved. Poor dad, he'd only popped out to get mum some flowers. These examples really do make me fear for the future.

Archived