chippy 2 on tv

chippy2

:notworthy:hia eveyone,strange things have happened to me lately,i have been approached by a well known prime time television programme wanting to know my experiances of moving to this great land only to find out that the so called critical skills list and the vast amount of uk tradies needed here is absoulute complete rubbish,lots of friends in the uk say there are loads of expo on all around the country saying australia is crying out for skilled trades when there is no jobs available for us who are already here.i think personally these people are scum offering false hope to uk trades to pack up,sell houses etc and to come over here to the land of opportunites.they are trying to cash in on this recession,but dont care whos lives they destroy so long as they get your money.just wondered especially from other trades if they feel cheated like i feel as i will tell my experiances of life here and all the crap you have to go throug eveyday,ie the licence route,agencys advertising none existance jobs,high rents brougth on by immigration,very bad driving standards,aussies that try to make us brits feel second class and above all no decent curry houses hahaaha:goofy:

Guest Working to fish
:notworthy:hia eveyone,strange things have happened to me lately,i have been approached by a well known prime time television programme wanting to know my experiances of moving to this great land only to find out that the so called critical skills list and the vast amount of uk tradies needed here is absoulute complete rubbish,lots of friends in the uk say there are loads of expo on all around the country saying australia is crying out for skilled trades when there is no jobs available for us who are already here.i think personally these people are scum offering false hope to uk trades to pack up,sell houses etc and to come over here to the land of opportunites.they are trying to cash in on this recession,but dont care whos lives they destroy so long as they get your money.just wondered especially from other trades if they feel cheated like i feel as i will tell my experiances of life here and all the crap you have to go throug eveyday,ie the licence route,agencys advertising none existance jobs,high rents brougth on by immigration,very bad driving standards,aussies that try to make us brits feel second class and above all no decent curry houses hahaaha:goofy:

Hi Chippy as you know mate i have been lucky here at the mo that is ,and am working ,but and a but it is, i must say what you have said rings true.

eddie

Guest Working to fish
:notworthy:hia eveyone,strange things have happened to me lately,i have been approached by a well known prime time television programme wanting to know

Tel us more then.

eddie

:notworthy:hia eveyone,strange things have happened to me lately,i have been approached by a well known prime time television programme wanting to know

Tel us more then.

eddie

well so far not offical,but very interested on my take of australia,as they are looking at the pitfalls of emigrating eg false representation of jobs,like here:laugh:

Guest kazmatt

hey paul, did not realise i was going to be meeting a celeb in a weeks time, i would like that opportunity too, a few points i would like to make, maybe you can make them for us, matt.

Guest nikkichap

It's funny you say you got approached by a well know TV company. So did we! They said they just wanted to hear about our expereinces as they were following a family about to move to Brisbane. Be interested to see what happens with you as we didn't take them up on the offer.

It's funny you say you got approached by a well know TV company. So did we! They said they just wanted to hear about our expereinces as they were following a family about to move to Brisbane. Be interested to see what happens with you as we didn't take them up on the offer.

hia nikkichap,this programme told me they are following a family from lancashire to adelaide he is a carpet fitter coming out with family on a shoestring budget,and wanted to know the other side of story is australia the place its made out to be,from my opinion and a others it isnt there is no work,money is crap,as theres a lot of expos on back home saying oz still crying out for skilled workers.where as eveyone here knows its complete bo####ks:goofy:

Guest Celtic.H.

Hi Chippy,

I was watching a piece on local news here in Perth about locals wanting immigration to stop bringing people in, their reasons for continuing were based on their aging population and their need to have growth for the future, it doesn't matter if no jobs. I am a geologist in WA (or was) can't find a scrap of work here at moment. Went for a part time job a week ago in a local shop and the guy said he had 75 applications, a lot from guys with a bucket load of quals like me. We are going back even if it is to nothing, they also in the local paper here believe they are not going to go into recession and will come out of the world crisis the strongest nation finacially in the world. They have their heads stuck so far up their rear ends thay really can't smell their own doodoo's.

I strongly urge people to really think twice before coming here based on it having opportunities a plenty, a cheap lifestyle and a great place for kids. We did the rosey specs and they need to be broken, because for a number (not all) it is not what it says on the tin. We are a group of about 6 UK families and 3 are going back, that is 50% returning or wanting to.

Guest madplumber1
hia nikkichap,this programme told me they are following a family from lancashire to adelaide he is a carpet fitter coming out with family on a shoestring budget,and wanted to know the other side of story is australia the place its made out to be,from my opinion and a others it isnt there is no work,money is crap,as theres a lot of expos on back home saying oz still crying out for skilled workers.where as eveyone here knows its complete bo####ks:goofy:

Is the lack of work out there realy that bad??....got a mate thats a brick layer and has just come back from Queensland due to the fact that there's no work out there!

Hi Chippy,

I was watching a piece on local news here in Perth about locals wanting immigration to stop bringing people in, their reasons for continuing were based on their aging population and their need to have growth for the future, it doesn't matter if no jobs. I am a geologist in WA (or was) can't find a scrap of work here at moment. Went for a part time job a week ago in a local shop and the guy said he had 75 applications, a lot from guys with a bucket load of quals like me. We are going back even if it is to nothing, they also in the local paper here believe they are not going to go into recession and will come out of the world crisis the strongest nation finacially in the world. They have their heads stuck so far up their rear ends thay really can't smell their own doodoo's.

I strongly urge people to really think twice before coming here based on it having opportunities a plenty, a cheap lifestyle and a great place for kids. We did the rosey specs and they need to be broken, because for a number (not all) it is not what it says on the tin. We are a group of about 6 UK families and 3 are going back, that is 50% returning or wanting to.

hia celtic great post,the recession is coming,think a lot of aussies are pretty thick as they think they will come out on top,even property prices here are well over inflated so will be funny when the bubble pops,as for going for jobs in local shops,know someone who had to do a 1 day course to get a license to work a lotto machine,hahaha you couldnt make this stuff up if you tried.as for the increase in migrant numbers,as more aussies start losing there jobs,more and more will slag us english out here off.wish you luck mate paul

Is the lack of work out there realy that bad??....got a mate thats a brick layer and has just come back from Queensland due to the fact that there's no work out there!

yeah mad plumber at the moment it is unless your a painter,always seems to be loads of jobs around for painters,thats what ive been doing lately.have not done any work at all as a carpenter since ive been here,hence homeward bound:jimlad:

Its too easy to say that the rose specs brigade are naive as there's clearly a large industry aimed at selling "the dream" for serious dollars. How to stop this hard sell which is unethical at best I wouldn't know?

There is work here but it is tightening and a recent migrant with no local experience, no contacts and no local knowledge is bound to be towards the bottom of the pile when it comes to finding work.

Emmigrating isn't easy for anyone and its not for everyone anyway. There will never be easy money, easy life, for most people arriving here, you just have to get stuck in and work your way back up.

Guest kazmatt

there is not a lot of work here for tradies at all, one page basically for trades in this weeks courier mail, the biggest newspaper in brisbane covering a large area, nothing for a solid plasterer at all, they make the ads bigger to take up more room but it does not trick me, i admit when i first came over there was work, but not any longer so why still do these expos, i pay a fortune each week in rent and earn nothing, i did a tra as a plasterer the main part of my trade was floating in sand and cement, bonding, browning e.t.c and skimming the walls and ceilings afterwards, i did a tra assesment to prove i could actually do this, got references off people to prove i could do this, i wrote a 16 page essay on doing this, and when i get here it is not done here, i believe i was brought here under false pretences. matt.

Guest bowbrum03

Yes it really is that bad

Guest madplumber1
yeah mad plumber at the moment it is unless your a painter,always seems to be loads of jobs around for painters,thats what ive been doing lately.have not done any work at all as a carpenter since ive been here,hence homeward bound:jimlad:

Good luck chippy on your return home, a lot of new build has stopped here, know a firm of joiners here and they realy are struggling to find work, looks like its crap all round. The only work here now is on large maintenance contracts...look for adds placed by EMCOR Facilities when you return to the UK, they've got the BAe contracts and are still takin trademen on.

Best of luck

madplumber

Guest kevin747
Hi Chippy,

I don't think Aus wil do well out the downturn. They do not have the savvy. Have a look at Horne's Lucky Country, most Aussies don't even get the irony of the title.

Guest lovediving

I will be interested to see the show as far too many people are under false illusions with this country and it needs to stop. People should know the truth of what they can expect and not sell their houses, give up their lives only to find there is no work and they are not welcomed in the country by the locals

Guest madplumber1
I will be interested to see the show as far too many people are under false illusions with this country and it needs to stop. People should know the truth of what they can expect and not sell their houses, give up their lives only to find there is no work and they are not welcomed in the country by the locals

I think you've just stated a very pertanant fact!!! Thankyou.....mind you are the Polish welcome in the UK?...Time will tell.....these are hard times for people migrating!

madplumber

I think you've just stated a very pertanant fact!!! Thankyou.....mind you are the Polish welcome in the UK?...Time will tell.....these are hard times for people migrating!

madplumber

Not really! These times have been here before... twice in my working life. I emmigrated during the end of the last one and jobs were still tight then. Its the times which are getting tough not the migration.

Finding work during recessions is always tough wherever you live.

Yes, it may well be a little tougher in a foriegn country where you have no experience or contacts but surely there's much more to life than money? If you can ride a recession in the UK then its just as likely you'll ride a recession on Aus? The difference will depend on your attitude to life. Personally I'd rather be skint in Aus than the UK.

Not really! These times have been here before... twice in my working life. I emmigrated during the end of the last one and jobs were still tight then. Its the times which are getting tough not the migration.

Finding work during recessions is always tough wherever you live.

Yes, it may well be a little tougher in a foriegn country where you have no experience or contacts but surely there's much more to life than money? If you can ride a recession in the UK then its just as likely you'll ride a recession on Aus? The difference will depend on your attitude to life. Personally I'd rather be skint in Aus than the UK.

Living in the UK for all your life against arriving in a new country

It'll be far easier riding a reccesion amoungs who you know and what you know than being fresh off the plane.

Diffrence for me is I was skint in Aus In the UK I have plenty of money in my pocket

Living in the UK for all your life against arriving in a new country

It'll be far easier riding a reccesion amoungs who you know and what you know than being fresh off the plane.

Diffrence for me is I was skint in Aus In the UK I have plenty of money in my pocket

:biglaugh:

Ahhh!!! So we now know what floats your boat? Dosh and loads of it!

Guest kazmatt

i would rather be unemployed in the u.k than here in australia too, because its easier getting work from people who know and trust you than from strangers, if you put yourself in the aussies shoes, and you were an employer would you give a job too a fellow country man or too a foriegner, there is nothing racist about it, it is just natural too want to look after your fellow country man than that of another nation, in my trade there are a lot of aussies out of work and i feel i dont stand a chance, but when we go home in a months time, i know i stand a chance being self employed there for the past five years i still have a lot of contacts who know i do a good job, always there when i say i will be, and clean and tidy.

Archived