Migration agents or ex forces question!!

mornachew

Hi Guys

As the title suggests this is mainly questions for these guys! But if you know 'fil ya boots!!'

I am currently serving in the RAF and I am going to apply for a 175 visa. Is it true that I wont get my visa till after I leave the RAF?

Is it valid from the day after I leave??

Can I check on the visa status on line?

Will it say visa granted? ( But they just hold it till my discharge date?)

Cheers:notworthy:

Guest mcleod275

Hiya

We are in a similar situation my OH is army and we have applied for a 175. You are requested to attach a copy of your military discharge, however you like us will not have this yet. What we have done is attach a letter from his OC confirming his release date, for us this is over 4 months before his 22 is up. You can also attach a copy of Queen's regs which will state that you can sign off immediately (if you are on an open contract).

We had heard the same that they will not actually put the visa in your passport until you have completed your service, however our friends were all successful in receiving their visas before they had finished and in fact were in Australia before their official last day. I do think it may depend on your Case Officer and how they deal with your application but our friends certainly had no problems.

Hope this helps, I would be really interested to hear if anyone has had any problems with this and what they did.

Thanks

Claire

Hi,

I'm so glad you asked that question Mornachew as I was thinking of posting a thread exactly the same. Quite spooky really as I was only told the same last night ie. that the visa would not be granted until discharge date.

My husband will be leaving the RAF also in June 2010 after 22 years and we were hoping to have a visa in our hands well before that date. We would want to be certain of a visa well before then in order to plan ahead, sort out schools, houses, dogs quarantine etc etc.

Maybe like Claire suggested, more ex-military could let us know their experiences?

Mandy

Archived