Why are so many now returning to the UK ?

Guest lovediving

Guest peacock
I`m the other way. I have found truer friends here. I have the `3am` friends here that I didnt have in UK.

Got great friends here and in UK. all over the world in fact, great for cheap holidays, but nearly all say that given the choice Perth is the place they would most like to live.:wink: I would swap it for San Diego but cant think of to many other places............

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rayman1

Returned because financially better off, better standard of living and actually doing more with our lives! Living the dream; being happy, healthy and loved is anyones dream, not sunshine and beaches.

Guest chris955

Spot on Rayman, some would have us believe everyone is on the bones of their arses or maybe that is what they prefer to believe for whatever reason.

Guest guest36187

Its not what people would have you believe! It is peoples personal opinions, nothing more nothing less. Just because someones posts/opinions/thoughts do not match what you think , it doesnt make them wrong.

Guest chris955

So why is it when I have an opinion I get jumped on and told I am wrong and it never seems to be pointed out to them it is my opinion ?

Guest guest36187

Myself and other mods have pointed out several times about respecting everyones opinions! Its in the forum rules!

Ok moving on...................................

Well I,ve never heard anybody saying there living the dream in England, most just say there surviving, with the highlight being a week in Benidorm to see the sun

I just dont get this "living the dream" stuff. Most of my friends and acquaintances in UK are doing very nicely thank you - they always seem to be off somewhere doing something interesting. They also get a darn sight more holidays than we get and always seem to be able to afford to go away somewhere to enjoy them. Of course I do have one set of rellies which never ventures out of Co Durham (not even into North Yorkshire on a market day) but they are far from typical amongst the rest of my acquaintance (they think Bishop Auckland is a big city:biglaugh:)

Guest peacock
I just dont get this "living the dream" stuff. Most of my friends and acquaintances in UK are doing very nicely thank you - they always seem to be off somewhere doing something interesting. They also get a darn sight more holidays than we get and always seem to be able to afford to go away somewhere to enjoy them. Of course I do have one set of rellies which never ventures out of Co Durham (not even into North Yorkshire on a market day) but they are far from typical amongst the rest of my acquaintance (they think Bishop Auckland is a big city:biglaugh:)

Depends what they do,a week in Benidorm wouldnt float my boat, but everyone to there own, never heard the phrase living the dream in the UK, even if they own a day pass to Alton Towers :smile:

Guest chris955

Come off it, you can't expect us to believe there are people in the UK living the dream ? I must say all our friends are doing fine and don't go without anything and are even known to smile every now and then. :biggrin:

As with everything, people hear what they want to hear.

Guest guest36187

Living the dream is a weird expression to use. I sure as hell didnt have a dream to live here! I came here for my OH and settled quicker than he did. I didnt have a dream of a McMansion, pool, boat and all that!!!!

Guest cricketbackinengland

Well folks, I don't give a hoot about what anyone else is doing or what amounts to living one's dream. I am currently sat inside my luxury narrowboat, eating a huge crispy bacon sandwich (loads of HP sauce), waiting for a phone call from friends in NZ, and contemplating our next cruising session down the Grand Union on the Oxford canal. It's truly peaceful and beautiful. Not going into work today. Just sat admiring the view, praying for mates in NZ and feeling thankful that my little world is safe and just hoping it's safe for my friends and family too.

Guest chris955

Would it be against the forum rules to say I hate you ? :laugh:

Well folks, I don't give a hoot about what anyone else is doing or what amounts to living one's dream. I am currently sat inside my luxury narrowboat, eating a huge crispy bacon sandwich (loads of HP sauce), waiting for a phone call from friends in NZ, and contemplating our next cruising session down the Grand Union on the Oxford canal. It's truly peaceful and beautiful. Not going into work today. Just sat admiring the view, praying for mates in NZ and feeling thankful that my little world is safe and just hoping it's safe for my friends and family too.

Guest Guest 47403
Come off it, you can't expect us to believe there are people in the UK living the dream ? I must say all our friends are doing fine and don't go without anything and are even known to smile every now and then. :biggrin:

As with everything, people hear what they want to hear.

I totally agree there are thousands of illegal immigrants from all over the world living the dream in the UK :biggrin::biggrin:

Guest chris955

Yes when you think about some of the terrible places they come from I guess they are, equally the illegal immigrants living here. You certainly can't blame them.

I totally agree there are thousands of illegal immigrants from all over the world living the dream in the UK :biggrin::biggrin:

Guest cricketbackinengland
Would it be against the forum rules to say I hate you ? :laugh:

Go for your life Chris.:wink: I'd say looking at this thread, it really doesn't matter.:biggrin:

Archived