Commutable from Sydney

karlom

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can answer something for us.

We are considering applying for the NSW state sponsorship and not the 175 and we are starting to look at some areas to live in NSW.

We would like to live by the sea and dont mind 45 min/1 hr commute to Sydney.

Does anyone know how far north or south that would be a normal commutable distance from Sydney to give us an idea where to be looking at property.

thanks a lot

Karl, Sue and Jessica (3)

Guest kingnatasha

hi

it all depends how you plan to commute??

by train you could get a as far as bondi or that way out west try google sydney transport info its something like 13000 to see how long trips take

i would personally recommend manly and commute via the ferry its a lovely way to get around.

the bus around the northern beaches which are fab can get you (if you get a express) from palm beach to the city in under a hour

hope this helps

hi

it all depends how you plan to commute??

by train you could get a as far as bondi or that way out west try google sydney transport info its something like 13000 to see how long trips take

i would personally recommend manly and commute via the ferry its a lovely way to get around.

the bus around the northern beaches which are fab can get you (if you get a express) from palm beach to the city in under a hour

hope this helps

Hiya

thanks for that, I did mean to say that I planned on commuting by car, i will have a look at those places

regards

k

I live in north west sydney not near a beach unfortunately! but it only takes me 20 mins to get into work if i get the express bus - you have to have a bus pass and it only stops at a few stops. This really shortens my journey. If i was to drive it could easily take 1 hr!! as its bus lanes all the way so look into express buses too.

Not sure if you are aware but on the state sponsorship route you are only permitted to live and work in certain postcodes - its maybe worth checking this out as this would offer restrictions.

We are going via this route but to Queensland and the postcodes are more 'rural' as an example the Gold Coast is out of the question! We have to live in a regional postcode for 2 years and work in a regional postcode for 1 year.

Hope this helps.

Paul (39), Cheryl (35), James (18) & Francis (13)

Submitted to AIM by post - 19 Dec 08

AIM acknowledged receipt by email - 5 Jan 09

Further info requested by email - 21 Jan 09

Submitted further information via email - 23 Jan 09

AIM acknowledged receipt - 27 Jan 09

Email received from AIM with positive result – 9 Feb 09 (letter dated 4th)

Regional sponsorship form posted to Queensland Government – 9 Feb 09

Hi,

I've been looking at similar things as we are hoping to be in Sydney for October.

If you google map sydney (then zoom out a bit) right click on the map and you can then do a "get directions from here" or "to here" and it will show you the best route and travel time.

Hope this helps.:idea:

Steve, Cath and maddie.

Archived