Bit Warm

Guest Tim

So its hot over in australia , but its not here in Norfolk, England.I would love to be over there with you. Not much fun being here, its cold and rainy and more to come. The summer will probably be the same.

Workin in 40+ not nice and the sun gets thro factor 4 million but its nice

Mally

Guest itsSHIRLEY

I suppose your right working in 40+ would not be great. I am just feeling sorry for myself living in the uk. The weather is always bad here. I cant wait until I can apply for a visa to go to austalia. I have to get a years work expereince as I am a recently qualified nurse (sept 08) and I dont want to go over on a graduate programme.Its nice to hear that its sunny and warm somewhere even if its not here.

I suppose your right working in 40+ would not be great. I am just feeling sorry for myself living in the uk. The weather is always bad here. I cant wait until I can apply for a visa to go to austalia. I have to get a years work expereince as I am a recently qualified nurse (sept 08) and I dont want to go over on a graduate programme.Its nice to hear that its sunny and warm somewhere even if its not here.

Hi

But you dont go out in it like all the good ausssies they stay in the shade most of the time , I`m a sun devil called white p**i at work in the uk but here it is so strong , sounds wussy but every mornin brush your teeth and put your face cream on lol and neck and ears and my solar panel for the SM

Mally

Just found out its over 35

thought it felt a bit warm

:cool:

That's good for Tas as it has taken a long time warming up this summer so I have heard!!

Reason chose Tas to relocate to was to escape the extreme heat.

Don't mind a few hot days.

Debs

I tell you what - when it gets to 40+ I'd gladly swap that for a 15 degree temperature. It gets too unbearable. An example - walking along a street in 40 dgeree heat with the sun beating down on you (sweating like a pig), can't get too close to the buidling walls cos they relect even more heat, doing anything outdoors is hard (cant imagine working in it) and then finding shade is like finding heaven!:v_SPIN:

Guest KP Nuts

Do you also find that when you turn on the cold water tap it comes out hotter than if you turn on the hot water, and takes a good few minutes to clear..... so much for saving water here in SA. But I will now, have a water jug in the fridge.

KP Nuts

Do you also find that when you turn on the cold water tap it comes out hotter than if you turn on the hot water, and takes a good few minutes to clear..... so much for saving water here in SA. But I will now, have a water jug in the fridge.

KP Nuts

Get a brita love invaluable plus another couple of jugs in the fridge helps ( dont like sweaty hands at nite)

Mally

Guest Guest9973
That's good for Tas as it has taken a long time warming up this summer so I have heard!!

Debs

33c in Launceton tomorrow!

KP Nuts

Have you tried sticking a tray of glasses in the freezer with an inch of water in the bottom to put your drinks in? Cools it down quick.Deb

Guest PommieLady

Debs

Its expected to get to about 40 today...

poor dogs don't know what to do with themselves :laugh:

Blimey that is hot, what is going on?

Must be global warming!!

Is that unusal for Tas? I did read that it can have some very hot days then cool down but from what I ahve read in the Mercury it has been like it all week!!

It will be a lot cooler when we arrive in May!!

Debs:eek:

Guest earlswood

How I do not envy you in that heat :no:

Played golf today (day owed) and it was very mild indeed. 35 stapleford points off handicap of 11.3 aint bad in our midweek comp.

Guest earlswood
Mr KP worked on a roof yesterday in 42.3 heat, and boy did they work, started the roof and nearly finished it, all that's left is the ridges.

Will try and put some pics on later.

KP Nuts

Jesus KP surely that cannot be allowed...no one shouild work in thay heat on a roof:no:

hope he did not expose any of his skin to the sun with them rays..

Really unbearable night in Melbourne last night. Made the mistake of turning the cooler off overnight. Supposed to be 43C today. :arghh: The wind yesterday was horrendous. It's hotter than I've ever felt before. Will be making a run for my best friend's pool much later I can tell you.........................

Guest PommieLady
Blimey that is hot, what is going on?

Must be global warming!!

Is that unusal for Tas? I did read that it can have some very hot days then cool down but from what I ahve read in the Mercury it has been like it all week!!

It will be a lot cooler when we arrive in May!!

Debs:eek:

Your right the summers not usually this hot, we're having a heat wave.

Your moving to the Hobart area which tends to be a bit cooler, especially in the winter when there's snow on the mountain.

We did our recci in May and it was the first rain they'd had all year, was also getting a bit chilly, had the log fire going.

Just spoke to hubby and he's not popping home for brekki as he wants to get his work done before it gets hot, bless

Stef

x

Guest Guest9973

Our dogs are bored silly.We dare not leave them out for long.Plus remember they can feel the heat through their pwas as well - we know what it feels like to walk on red hot sand or pavers - dogs can't tell you though.

Guest PommieLady
Our dogs are bored silly.We dare not leave them out for long.Plus remember they can feel the heat through their pwas as well - we know what it feels like to walk on red hot sand or pavers - dogs can't tell you though.

We've a dog flap for our little lot. I keep finding them in odd spots like the corner of the living room. Dylan (the dog) always likes the bathroom when it gets a bit warm.

They keep following me around though (as normal) and when I stop to do something they all lay down in the nearest shady spot and just look at me, very cute.

Dylan really hates hot sand and we've had to carry him down to the wet sand before now.

I do worry about skin cancer for them too, I've seen a few dogs with it in oz. Unfortunately they all like to sunbake.

Archived