'a' class electrician earnings in adelaide and surviving with young family

bessie

Hi everyone!

was just hoping someone who lived in Adelaide would be able to give me an idea of how much an 'a' class electrician would earn (industrial preferred!) in and around Adelaide?

a) is this enough for two adults and three kids under four to live on?

b) is there much work available?

just been looking at rental prices and trying to figure out if we can afford to live!

also does anyone know what 'benefits' (i mean family allowance that every permanent residents gets) we would be entitled to? as we will have three young kids?

i'm an oz citizen but left oz when was very little so have no idea of Australia child tax credit etc!! -

thanks to anyone who has any ideas on the above!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tooeasy

hi we have been in seaford for almost 10 months now and i am a sparky you can easily live off your wages and also you get family assistance too we have just moved out of our rental and bought our own place

there is still a fair ammount of jobs here too loads of building work going on depends on what sort of sparky you are domestic industrial comercial or maintance

we love it here in sa really laid back no rushing here and there :wink:

• 5 months later...
Guest trailfrance

Hello, this post was back in 2008 , my parents have just migrated to adelaide, I am looking to relocate to adelaide and wondered what it was like on the jobfront, am 46 and qualified , worked as electrician for 30 years....going through a migration company I think but need to source my own job.... your thoughts on the electrician market would be appreciated?

thanks

Archived