NVQ level 3 Nursery Nurse

Guest lewy&anna

Guest lewy&anna

Hi, myself and my family are hoping to move to oz next year, i was just wondering if there was much call for Nursery nurses over there!? Also will my NVQ level 3 qualification be recognised over there?

Any advice would be grateful!

Anna

• 11 months later...
Hi, myself and my family are hoping to move to oz next year, i was just wondering if there was much call for Nursery nurses over there!? Also will my NVQ level 3 qualification be recognised over there?

Anna

I would also be interested in knowing this.

Many Thxs

The answer is yes, it will be recognised, you will have to get it assessed by the organisation responsible for Early Childhood in the state you are moving to, for me it was Early Childhood Victoria. I had to complete a form and send them a certified copy of the certificate and some evidence from my portfolio.

Lots of work for qualified childcare workers all over Australia.

Try searching for childcare in the state you are moving to, there are usually links to the relevent regulations there.

Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations try this site to start with.

Karen

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Guest shellalsie

I too am moving to Oz hopefully next year with my husband, we are hoping to move to Brisbane or surrounding area. I need to get my qualifications recognised but unsure ow to go about this. Does anyone know if nursery nurses are used in hospitals e.g, maternity wards, children's ward and the neonatal units? This is the area of work I would like to work, do the Australians have a different name for nursery nurses in this field of work. I am based in the community here as a nursery nurse and run baby massage groups and teenage pregnancy groups, this I wouldn't mind doing in Australia too if they have a name for this job too. Can anyone help?

I too am moving to Oz hopefully next year with my husband, we are hoping to move to Brisbane or surrounding area. I need to get my qualifications recognised but unsure ow to go about this. Does anyone know if nursery nurses are used in hospitals e.g, maternity wards, children's ward and the neonatal units? This is the area of work I would like to work, do the Australians have a different name for nursery nurses in this field of work. I am based in the community here as a nursery nurse and run baby massage groups and teenage pregnancy groups, this I wouldn't mind doing in Australia too if they have a name for this job too. Can anyone help?

Hi ... I am in Brissy and have recently had my childcare qualifications checked over here. The following list shows all 2 yr qualifications that are currently recognised as equivalent to Australian qualifications...

http://deta.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood/pdfs/aql2-2-year-courses.pdf'>http://deta.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood/pdfs/aql2-2-year-courses.pdf

While my course was shown on the lists, the institution I studied with wasn't, so I had to complete a form 20 and undergo assessment with The Office for Early childhood education and care. This site will take you to them, you will just have to use the search bar in the top right hand corner to look for "form 20". http://deta.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood/

I have quite a few friends who work in hospitals here and they have made enquiries for me as I was interested in community nursery nursing myself. Unfortunately, I had no luck in this area at all. My friends are paediatric nurses and they have all said that the hospitals here are yet to recognise the value of nursery nurses in this capacity. I can't speak about maternity work though as I have no contacts there. To be honest, I have found most of the vacancies are within long daycare centres - anything apart from this seems to be very hard to come by. Teacher aide positions come up from time to time ... but as with LSA and teaching support positions in the UK, you will often face stiff competition.

• 10 months later...
Guest shellalsie

I am now in the process of getting my qualifications recognised by the Queensland Government, then it'll hopefully be all systems go, hoping the big move will go ahead next August/September. So excited. Any advice or information will be gratefully recieved.

Guest shellalsie

Thank this is very useful. I am ow in the process of getting my qualifications recognised. Thanks for the information, we are hoping to move out next August and it can't come quick enough.

Guest shellalsie
Hi ... I am in Brissy and have recently had my childcare qualifications checked over here. The following list shows all 2 yr qualifications that are currently recognised as equivalent to Australian qualifications...

http://deta.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood/pdfs/aql2-2-year-courses.pdf'>http://deta.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood/pdfs/aql2-2-year-courses.pdf

While my course was shown on the lists, the institution I studied with wasn't, so I had to complete a form 20 and undergo assessment with The Office for Early childhood education and care. This site will take you to them, you will just have to use the search bar in the top right hand corner to look for "form 20". http://deta.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood/

I have quite a few friends who work in hospitals here and they have made enquiries for me as I was interested in community nursery nursing myself. Unfortunately, I had no luck in this area at all. My friends are paediatric nurses and they have all said that the hospitals here are yet to recognise the value of nursery nurses in this capacity. I can't speak about maternity work though as I have no contacts there. To be honest, I have found most of the vacancies are within long daycare centres - anything apart from this seems to be very hard to come by. Teacher aide positions come up from time to time ... but as with LSA and teaching support positions in the UK, you will often face stiff competition.

Thank this is very useful. I am ow in the process of getting my qualifications recognised. Thanks for the information, we are hoping to move out next August and it can't come quick enough.

• 7 years later...
On 19/01/2009 at 00:53, Guest lewy&anna said:

Anna