Should i send my children to Caloundra state primary school?

Guest angiebabe

Guest angiebabe

Does anyone have or know children attending this school?

I have searched and searched but cannot find out any info about other peoples experiences at the school...anything good or bad would help in deciding if its a possible school i would like to send my children to.

Thank you in advance x

• 4 months later...
Guest nataliedraper@fsmail.net

Hi, im in same boat, moving in 4 weeks cant find any reviews for Caloundra state school. Let me know if you find anything and I will you .

Thankyou

Natalie

Guest Pete and Lou

Hi

We moved to Caloundra 7 weeks ago with 2 kids aged 8 and 11. When we asked around some of the locals I got the impression that Caloundra City Primary wasn't the best around. Most of the people recommended the independent/private schools like Caloundra Christian College and Unity College, but if you are looking at the state schools I have heard people say good things about Golden Beach School, Talara State School and Currimundi School. My two have just started at Unity College this week and are absolutely loving it and are eager to go each morning...now that never happened in the UK! The independent schools are far better equiped than the state schools and pay the teachers more money so tend to get the cream of the teachers too, so I've been told. The fees are nothing like private schools back home by the way. We decided on an independent school more because we couldn't decide which area of Caloundra we prefered and didn't want to move to a catchment area of a particular school and then not like it and then end up moving to the other side of Caloundra and moving the kids out of school again. You can live anywhere with the independent ones. When you get here ring the schools up and ask if you can come and have a look round. We found them all to be very friendly and happy to show us round. Any more questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks alot for that, are the fees similar to that of caloundra city school ? Unbeleivable compared to UK How are you finding Caloundra ? Hope you dont mind, I have so many silly questions ! Its so close now and I scared and excited all at once. am coming out on my own at first as hubby gotta tie up loose ends. Have you found people friendly.

Natalie

Guest Pete and Lou

Hi,

Ask away, I know how you feel having some answers beforehand makes it feel less frightening! Caloundra City School is a private school (which looks excellent), but was going to cost just over $8000 per year to send my two to, Caloundra Christian College was going to be around $6000 per year and Unity College is around $4000. Caloundra State Primary and Caloundra state high are both state schools which are free ( I think you may have to pay for school books, pens, paper, etc so minimal cost) if you are on a permanent resident visa.

The people in Caloundra are most definately friendly. From the people who we rented holiday accomodation from, other residents in the flats, people in shops, PIO members, etc. Even when we have registered for medicare or activated our bank account everyone asks where we are from, are we enjoying it, etc,etc,etc and lots of them have said "welcome to Australia". Strangers on the street ask "how you doing" which is great and not something we are used to. You will love it.

ditto the above. my kids go to currimundi state school. caloundra is a great place. been here 6 months and no complaints yet. People are great most of our neighbours really helped out when we were waiting for our container which was really nice.

Thanks, its really sounds too good to be true after living in uk ! I think I will go and visit all of the schools with the girls and decide when we get there. Great to get info though as was going to send them to Caloundra city but its reviews are not that fab!

10_1_20.gif

Thanks again

Natalie, Tia Tallulah and Leila

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZJman000

Hi Pete and Lou, just one more question .... what are the class sizes in Unity College ? Im quite keen on the belvista estate to live and the school is nearby is that right ?

Thanks

Natalie

Natalie

Guest Pete and Lou

Unity has around 25 in each class in the lower primary school years and caps the older class years at 30( it does right from reception class to year 12...another plus for us). Yes Unity is in the Bellvista estate and so would be walkable. We have some friends who rent on there and have a fab 4 bed, 2 bath house practically brand new for $390 per week. It is a new estate and Unity is only 4 years old too. Anymore questions just ask!

Lou

Guest SamleadeR
Thanks alot for that, are the fees similar to that of caloundra city school ? Unbeleivable compared to UK How are you finding Caloundra ? Hope you dont mind, I have so many silly questions ! Its so close now and I scared and excited all at once. am coming out on my own at first as hubby gotta tie up loose ends. Have you found people friendly.

Natalie

It's nice when around you people friendly..

• 4 years later...

Caloundra State Primary school is an outstanding school. The facilities and staff are second to none, with the facilities always maintained well and updated when required. In fact, the school has had huge amounts of refurbishment completed over the past five years. The teaching staff is excellent, with a great variety in age and sex. Teachers at Caloundra Primary go beyond the classroom with students having the opportunity to be involved in numerous after school activities that are led by the staff. Sports, the arts, extension programs etc.

Both of my children attend Caloundra Primary and are thriving. My daughter is in Year two and is loving school, especially her extension literacy classes. My son pushes me out the door to get him to Prep each morning. He requires some extra support to help him along, support he gets in spades.

Caloundra Primary has far better facilities then the private schools in Caloundra and far more educational resources too. The choice for me was simple, why would I spend $5000 a year for a product that is available for free. A product that is second to none. Why don't you go and have a look, you will be glad you did.

Archived