Flights Booked for 8th February. arrgggghhhh!!!!

xTINKSx

Hi,

Thought id share an update of our plans for heading to Brisbane.

Booked flights with Singapore Airlines through Opodo - Leave Heathrow on 8th Feb.

Short stopover in Changi then onwards and upwards to Brisbane - landing evening of 9th Feb.

Have arranged car hire for 3 weeks - we need a large car because there are so many of us, managed to get a Kia Carnival through a company just off site of brisbane airport and saved a whopping $700 on some of the quotes I was getting. They pick us up from airport and shuttle us to car hire office 5 mins away.

Have booked a really fab 5 bedroom furnished house initially just 15 mins away from where we are intending to live so at least we have somewhere to live when we arrive. I have been in contact with the longer term realestate agents in the area and they are willing to accept applications for long term rentals before we get there subject to someone looking for us on our behalf. The oh's employer is more than willing to do so, so fingers crossed we will hopefully be able to secure something before we leave, sign on the dotted line a day or so after we arrive and then have a mad dash at shopping for furnishings.

So now im making lists of lists of lists of lists. Keeping going over our budgetting, hoping to god we havent missed anything. Still gotta put everything we're selling on ebay.

Also got to find someone to take on our cats - very very sad about leaving them, but they are getting on - mum is 12, daughter 10 and it just wouldnt be fair to take them. Thought my mum was going to have them but my dad has flatly refused saying it will make them tied and what happens when they want to visit us in Oz. I know the cats will probably have to be split up, I just want them to go to good homes. :cry:

So thats about it - my best friend has organised a get together with all our friends on the 17th Jan. Waking up each day in a panic now - got so much to do...... arrrggghhhh!!!!

xTinksx

Hi Tinks

Just wanted to wish you all the best, sounds like you're really organised at the other end now.

Hope you find a new home for the cats - I'll be in the same boat, although we're taking the dogs I'll have to leave my cat TC behind - she's 16 this year and she wouldn't cope with quarantine etc. :frown:

All the best.

Kim xx

Guest guest17301

Oh Jen...think we all go through exactly the same. It's all so sad..we just had a family party..they all gone now but I was so tearful..surprised myself and didn't want to let go of people (even though will see them all before we go)

Big hugs..we must be bloody mad, what the hell are we doing, lol xxxx

Guest donovan

Seems like you have everything organized not long now

I remember those days of counting down to the final day, I remember waking up for weeks feeling really anxious, and am i doing the right thing, have I got everything, have I left anything, so many emotions go through your head.

Good luck with everything

Sarah x

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Tinks! Huge congrats on booking the flights! Your plans sound great and that 5 bed house... WOW!!!

Dan xx :-)

Guest brooksey

Quick tip. When buying anything over here by cash (which means anything other than store credit) ask for a discount. We bought all of our electricals in one hit and got a third off.

Archived