Just arrived in sydney!!!

Guest Emma28

Hi guys !!

I posted a thread a bit ago saying i was coming out to sydney on my own to work as a nurse. well i`ve finally arrived!! wow what a place i`ve only seen a fraction of it but i`m already loving it. can be quite lonely though as some of you may know if your in the same boat. have been quite lucky and met up with someone who i knew was out here already.

But if anyones in the same boat and is up for a laugh of seeing the sights and nightlife of sydney, or has any tips of the best places to go feel free to message back:notworthy:

Em xxx

Guest idmahon

Hi my names Ian and im planning to move to Sydney on a working/holiday visa at the start of March. Ill be coming out on my own and naming the 3 things i love in life "Laugh, sight seeing and nightlife" you sound great. I'd love to be able to chat and stuff.

How you finding everything out there?

Ian

Hi Ian

I am hoping my business visa will be all sorted by late jan/early Feb09.

Will be based in Sydney and looking at living in the eastern surburbs as near to work.

Keep in touch and happy to catch up, me and my girlfriend like similar things.

if anyone knows of furnished rental in Eastern suburbs, would be great to have any contacts and start discussing, could save me sending my stuff over.

thnks

Niksy

Guest idmahon

Hi Niksy, excellent news! Bet you cant wait! Well if you want to chat and stuff you can look me up on facebook (Im wearing a white t-shirt and scarf) or email ian.mahon@hotmail.co.uk. Hope your moves goes smoothly! Take care, speak soon and happy new year!

Cheers

Ian

Hi guys !!

I posted a thread a bit ago saying i was coming out to sydney on my own to work as a nurse. well i`ve finally arrived!! wow what a place i`ve only seen a fraction of it but i`m already loving it. can be quite lonely though as some of you may know if your in the same boat. have been quite lucky and met up with someone who i knew was out here already.

But if anyones in the same boat and is up for a laugh of seeing the sights and nightlife of sydney, or has any tips of the best places to go feel free to message back:notworthy:

Em xxx

Hi Emma, hope your enjoying yourself I have sent you a pm. My visa has arrived today and im so excited. See you over there :smile:

Guest LauraLaura
Hi guys !!

Em xxx

hi Emma!

Im waiting for a 457 visa, should be out in sydney by end of march at the latest! What hospital u working at? im a nurse 2n il be @ st georges kogarah...starting to panic that i wont no any aussie drugs names etc...!

Im coming over on my own so will be well up for making new friends and seeing the sights!

xxxxx

Hi laura,

Good to hear from you and well done on amking that move. so far i love it here having a fab time. I start my job on monday so its will be a reality check, i would`ve been out of practice ,as they say, for a month. shock to the system going back to work.

Got to say from what i have heard from other nurses, nursing is totally different out here . I know what you mean about he drug name thing, but you have to think you learnt it before you`l learn again. They just go by brand name and not actual drug name. I`ll keep you informed when i start monday.

You`l have to let me know nearer the time when your out here and i`ll show you around, would be a little more setttled by then. i hope.

Em xx

Hi guys !!

Em xxx

Hi Emma,

A group of us meet up on a regular basis...we always have a great time......were planning to meet on saturday 24th for drinks...you are more than welcome to join us.....pm me your number and ill get in contact nearer the time.......welcome to Sydney....ITS A GREAT PLACE!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Emma78, congrats on the visa hun, what you hoping to do out here. didn`t get your pm xx

Hi Emma,

we leave on 17th march and I start work on 30th March at St Vincent's and now im feeling scared!! we have booked a room at at hostel for 2 weeks while hopefully we find a place to rent. How are you doing??

Emma x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest terence 34 uk

hi !! hope your enjoying the heat! iam looking at sidney nsw area . iam from newcastle england and have just applyed for my visa . ru on a working hol visa? and are there many english there around 25/35 years old ? just would hate to get there and be surounded by oaps ha ha!!

Guest Jlouise

Hi Emma - I signed up to an Australian recruitment company nearly 4 months ago now - havent had any luck with any job offers yet - but I am hoping to get some soon!!

I am hoping to move to the Sydney area - I hope you've settled in now?

Please let me know what its like - as I will be coming over on my own as well - am really excited as im fed up with the UK - but I can imagine it will be quite lonely at first!

Im hoping to get an employer sponsored visa. - Do you know anyone who has come to OZ on that visa? - if so, do you know roughly how long it takes???

• 1 month later...

Hi Emma,

just wanted to welcome you to Oz,

Glad to see the sun has been shining for you ( unlike when I arrived and it rained non-stop for 2 weeks)!

Although I have been here a while I am still up for making new friends and meeting people, so once your feet have touched the ground, if you fancy a coffee, a chat or need some help or advice let me know...

ciao for now,

Tara

Archived