Shark attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cheshire Cat

Guest earlswood
OMG! A 5 METRE LONG WHITE POINTER SHARK (JAWS) HAS EATEN A 51 YEAR OLD MAN! IT HAPPEND SOUTH OF PERTH NEAR ROCKINGHAM, PORT KENNEDY I BELIEVE, THE ONLY THING FOUND SO FAR WAS THE GUYS WETSUIT!:shocked:

Old news andy.....:GEEK:

Went to Quinns beach today not many on some dolphins in ther sea WELL surfies got on radio and the chopper was ere pronto circled for 10 mins . Just like the film everyone stood on the shore, sorry apart from one really hard guy who was stoppin in the water, funny becos the dolphins will be followin the herrin and the sharp toothed fellas are usually not far behind them

Mally

Guest jogrant3232

Everyone has been a bit jittery today, closed Cottesloe beach for a while, we went out on the Swan and were towing a biscuit when about 6 or 8 dolphins appeared, the sight of anything in the water sent some to shore,

Everyone has been a bit jittery today, closed Cottesloe beach for a while, we went out on the Swan and were towing a biscuit when about 6 or 8 dolphins appeared, the sight of anything in the water sent some to shore,

Cottesloe is known as shark alley with the deep gully that runs along it ,its a one off but puts fears in peoples minds

Mally

Guest Yorkie1974
OMG! A 5 METRE LONG WHITE POINTER SHARK (JAWS) HAS EATEN A 51 YEAR OLD MAN! IT HAPPEND SOUTH OF PERTH NEAR ROCKINGHAM, PORT KENNEDY I BELIEVE, THE ONLY THING FOUND SO FAR WAS THE GUYS WETSUIT!:shocked:

No need to be so sensationalist. I understand from a previous thread the guy was out swimming around the time that sharks usually like to feed.

That being the case, once again I'd say it was a wrong place at the wrong time encounter.

Guest Charlies Angel
No need to be so sensationalist. I understand from a previous thread the guy was out swimming around the time that sharks usually like to feed.

That being the case, once again I'd say it was a wrong place at the wrong time encounter.

Quite right in that the guy should not have been where he was at the time he was but how many times have we all said " it wont happen to me". Bad time for his family! Shocking in fact! Lets just think it could have been any one of us out there? My thoughts are with them.:sad:

From reading the local paper it seems the guy understood the risks he was taking and had an understanding with his family that if he died, he would die doing what he loved. His family have asked that the shark is not hunted down and killed. Tragic all the same and reading about the other 'recent' attacks especially how close to the shore some of them were made me realise you can't be complacent however on average there is one fatality a year, far safer to swim than drive on WA roads then - a risk I never even considered before coming here!

Jules

Absolutely tragic thing to happen. RIP

People do take stupid risks though. I was at the beach on Stradbroke island yesterday. All afternoon there was a channel 7 chopper flying around and there seemed to be a lot of lifeguard activity. Later on a channel 7 news crew appeared and it turned out there were 30 or more bull sharks pretty close in......we'd been in the water all afternoon :S

At around 2.45 the shark alarms sounded. The swimmers all came out of the water but around 30 surfers remained in the water. The lifeguards were trying to force the sharks further out and the life saving chopper was also there assisting. At one point it pretty much "landed" and the water.

I have to say it was all pretty exciting, but it could so easily have become a tradgedy with all the surfers remaining in the water.

Daphne

Guest theblueboy1969

Pretty sad that people on this site would joke about something as tragic as this. The guy has gone missing and his family believe he has been eaten by a shark. They may never know exactly what happened and that will stay with them for the rest of their life. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Archived