got visa - can't sell house - trying for baby here in new year advice please

sarahb23

hi guys, not been on for ages. had visa since april, validated in august and spent all our savings on that trip. we're now saving up here as our house has been up for sale since march and not had one single viewer even though weve reduced it. next year we're goin to brisbane and will rent out house if need be, but we're considering having a baby before we go. i'd get 9 months off with pay here compared to 12 weeks in oz so it is tempting. has anyone done this and how would i add them onto our visa etc. any advice on this would be fab - or anyone who wants a cheap house get in touch ha ha

sarah nurse 29 stu plumber 32 and sean 9

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Sarah...! Just wanted to say huge congrats on the visa and Lots of Luck with the house and hopefully the baby!!!

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest WARDStoOZ
hi cheers - see your mums a midwife, i'm a theatre nurse and got a job offer at redcliffe hospital thats north of brisbane. good luck with your move!

Hi! Congratulations on your job offer! Thanks for the Good Luck wishes! Lots of Luck to you too!

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Just to let you know that we are in the same boat. We have had visas since Oct. Have to validate by end of June but have not sold house - (we have accepted offers twice and the chain has broken down twice). The viewings have now stopped altogether....I suspect we too will be doing a validation trip.

I cant offer any information re: baby but I think I would be tempted to have the baby over here for maternity reasons. Good luck with everything whatever you decide to do.

Rach

Guest nfowley

Hi!

I think it's easy enough to add on a baby, from what I've ead in previous posts. However I would check out maternity pay thing, as would you not have to stay with your employer for a certain amount of time after or you have to pay them back? But I've never had a baby and only going on things I have heard, so sorry can't be more useful! Good luck.

Guest rileyosian

Hi! We decided to try for a baby during the application process and it all went to plan. We applied last year, had our new baby in April 08, I've taken 12 months maternity leave which ends early next year and we plan to be in Melbourne in Feb/March 09. Soon after he was born (2 days!) we had his photo's taken and applied for his passport, we then sent this to our agent who added his details to our application and it's much the same when you already have the visa. See www.direct.gov.uk. for full details about your maternity entitlement.

Good luck and I hope it all goes well!

As rileyosian says really...although we didn't actually have our visa but were mid-application. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I emailed our case officer and we were able to suspend our application - I emailed just in time as they were about to grant our visa and then we couldn't have suspended it and would have to have gone on hols to validate. After our daughter was born we got her passport sorted asap and then I emailed the case officer again to update them. We just had to fill in another form to add her on and email a copy of her passport over. They did insist on us all going for duplicate medicals within a month though and the visa was granted 6 weeks later. We're off in March!

Archived