have you missed anything?

Guest earlswood

Guest earlswood

For those who have returned back to the UK...have you missed anything at all.......I can honestly say I was a bit worried reading all the news and posters saying the UK had collapsed ... but it is the same Country I left over 2 years ago and I cannot think of one single thing that I miss..

ohhhh and another..he fast food outlets over here are health conscious and have cut down on the salt and fat in their products which make them tasteless to the Australian junk food industry which cooks “full fat” which is what the food should be….I miss the burgers in Oz which were much better than the calorie free crap in the UK.

Thats 2 things I miss....you?

For those who have returned back to the UK...have you missed anything at all.......I can honestly say I was a bit worried reading all the news and posters saying the UK had collapsed ... but it is the same Country I left over 2 years ago and I cannot think of one single thing that I miss

ohhhh and another..he fast food outlets over here are health conscious and have cut down on the salt and fat in their products which make them tasteless to the Australian junk food industry which cooks “full fat” which is what the food should be….I miss the burgers in Oz which were much better than the calorie free crap in the UK.

Thats 2 things I miss....you?

Earlsy maybe, just maybe, there is good and bad in both oz and england then ??????:twitcy:

Guest guest17301
Earlsy maybe, just maybe, there is good and bad in both oz and england then ??????:twitcy:

Earl has never said that there isn't good in Oz, he just hated the part of Perth he lived in.

Guest earlswood
Earl has never said that there isn't good in Oz, he just hated the part of Perth he lived in.

Spot on...the rest of Perth was very nice...but being the dingbat I am....it had to be the mad Northbridge for me......Australia as I say is great for young families and I have no worries you will love the place.

Guest Guest9973
Spot on...the rest of Perth was very nice...but being the dingbat I am....it had to be the mad Northbridge for me......Australia as I say is great for young families and I have no worries you will love the place.

SERIOUSLY not wanting to start an argument here - but this was the full reason you hated living in Aus?

Could you not have moved to another area?

Your thoughts on this might just help someone.:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest earlswood
SERIOUSLY not wanting to start an argument here - but this was the full reason you hated living in Aus?

Could you not have moved to another area?

Your thoughts on this might just help someone.:emoticon-signxmas:

Seriously

Why do you keep on stalking me.....this is MOVING BACK TO THE UK FORUM

Guest Working to fish
Quote removed as several reports made

Seriously....is that meant to be funny?

Earls ment no harm ,he was talking about his sheep ,

ah earls, lol

eddie:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest earlswood
Quote removed as several reports made

Seriously....is that meant to be funny?

Whate "quote" I have not posted anything bad on this topic.... how do you know several complaints were made....you are not a mod.

Can say hand on heart ...so far I miss nothing. Its only been 4 weeks but from what i can see not much has changed(just what I wanted).

Apart from on the news and the cheap prices I haven't seen any evidence of the credit crunch...but i guess we are very lucky to not be effected.

Move into new house and pick up new car in Jan..then I will truly feel at home.

Hi Earlswood;

I miss the rainforest, the baby bearded lizards that used to come into the house, the rainbow lorikeets and kookaburras waking me in the morning, the warbling of magpies, Noosa National Park, I miss driving through the Gold Coast Hinterland, and the South Bank Parklands. I miss Minties and Jaffas and Promite, which I prefer to Vegemite and Marmite, and Solo, and my favourite drink of all time, Just Natural chocolate/ honey/ malted milkshake. I miss cheap, sweet pineapples in summer and trays of mangoes. But most I miss my friends, spontaneous get togethers, morning teas with sticky buns at the kitchen table and my daughter.

Deb

Guest treesea

My close friends that I left behind :-(.....

I never though I would say this, but I miss the scary weather, apart from the bushfires.

Authentic Chinese/Malaysian food. Char kway teow, fresh durian, fresh rambutans, ......

The fish market down at Pyrmont, in Sydney.

Taking the ferry to work in Sydney.

My Ford Fairmont Ghia. Driving in Britain is boring compared to Oz.

Meat pizzas at the A1 Lebanese bakery in Melbourne.

I definitely don't miss the heat - over here it is sunny and cold all year round, just the way I like it. My Size and Taking Shape (large size clothing stores that have more in common with New Look than with Evans's).

Yummy fresh chicken and lamb sausages from the butcher at Chirnside Park shopping centre in Melbourne.

Aldi's, even though Lidl is better.

Yummy vegetarian food from Soul Food, in Collingwood Melbourne

Going for lunchtime Smorgasbords at the big hotels in Sydney. The Hilton and the Wentworth used to do fantastic spreads, reasonably priced. In Melbourne the Sheraton, overlooking the yarra on the Sooh Bank, have a good smorgasbord.

Yum Cha. They have this in Edinburgh but it isn't as good and three times the price of Oz.

Seeing Ed Kuiper and Rue Morgue live. Live music in general.

Yes, what's not to miss?! Britain, currently glued to my feet (I know this because in nearly five years back I haven't managed to actually cross the border) with it's mushy peas, yummy cod, fantastic weather, terrible shopping, great music festivals, and silver seas, has a lot to answer for, lol.

Guest petmarchehol

earlswood you say you are going home but are you going to spain? is it because it is closer to uk. it has been good reading your blogs on here how long were you in oz and have you a family

My close friends that I left behind :-(.....

I never though I would say this, but I miss the scary weather, apart from the bushfires.

Authentic Chinese/Malaysian food. Char kway teow, fresh durian, fresh rambutans, ......

The fish market down at Pyrmont, in Sydney.

Taking the ferry to work in Sydney.

My Ford Fairmont Ghia. Driving in Britain is boring compared to Oz.

Meat pizzas at the A1 Lebanese bakery in Melbourne.

I definitely don't miss the heat - over here it is sunny and cold all year round, just the way I like it. My Size and Taking Shape (large size clothing stores that have more in common with New Look than with Evans's).

Yummy fresh chicken and lamb sausages from the butcher at Chirnside Park shopping centre in Melbourne.

Aldi's, even though Lidl is better.

Yummy vegetarian food from Soul Food, in Collingwood Melbourne

Going for lunchtime Smorgasbords at the big hotels in Sydney. The Hilton and the Wentworth used to do fantastic spreads, reasonably priced. In Melbourne the Sheraton, overlooking the yarra on the Sooh Bank, have a good smorgasbord.

Yum Cha. They have this in Edinburgh but it isn't as good and three times the price of Oz.

Seeing Ed Kuiper and Rue Morgue live. Live music in general.

Yes, what's not to miss?! Britain, currently glued to my feet (I know this because in nearly five years back I haven't managed to actually cross the border) with it's mushy peas, yummy cod, fantastic weather, terrible shopping, great music festivals, and silver seas, has a lot to answer for, lol.

But you can find Aldi in the UK! Like so many things, depends where you are - ALDI are hardly an Aussie institution!

Wish Aldi or Lidl would come to TAS - and even thu' we all love/hate TESCO's it would make life just that little bit more comfortable here , as I do think Woolies & Coles - considering so much they sell is Australian - is very Expensive, & I can't imagine it's the producers making the $$$!

Archived