free kindergarden sessions on 457???

Guest LANNYLOO1974

Guest LANNYLOO1974

:smilexmas: hello !

we are going on a 457 visa and i was wondering if you have to pay fees for the preschool ( kindergarden) or if you are entitled to free sessions like you are in the uk?? if so are they available on the dreaded 457 visa !!

cheers lianne :laughxmas:

It probably depends on where you will be going. In ACT we have free preschool sessions (4 year olds) for everyone even those who would normally have to pay for primary and secondary schooling. In NSW I believe everyone pays even the Aus citizens and there arent that many preschool places available. Other states have variable early childhood provisions.

If you are thinking of child care for the under 4s then everyone pays to some extent - there are child care rebates which you would not be entitled to on your visa.

Guest spottymercedes

Hi There, We are in victoria and there are charges for the 4 year old preschool kinder, but as I had a heathcare card from centrelink I didn't have to pay them. We joined in July 08 and from July to December would have been $150, so I assume it would be $300 for the year.

Archived