Will VETASSESS Brickie qualifications be recognised in QLD?

Guest jenny4nails

Guest jenny4nails

Helloooo...

Just read a thread saying UK qualifications/certifiactes aren't recognised in Australia unless you go to TAFE....and so I thought I'd better double check...

Can any brickies out there confirm whether my OH qualifications will be recognised in QLD for him to be able to secure work on site?

He has City & Guilds in Brickwork & Advanced Brickwork, and also did his VETASSESS in the UK as part of our visa process (which he has a certificate for) we understood by doing the VETASSESS, this 'converted' his UK qualifications into recognised Australian qualifications?!

Anyone confirm this for us please?

Thanks in advance gys

Jenny :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest dan&nikki

not sure - did he get an AQF qualification from vetassess?

my hubby is a decorator and needed an AQFIII as this is the Oz version of an NVQ.

Helloooo...

Just read a thread saying UK qualifications/certifiactes aren't recognised in Australia unless you go to TAFE....and so I thought I'd better double check...

Can any brickies out there confirm whether my OH qualifications will be recognised in QLD for him to be able to secure work on site?

He has City & Guilds in Brickwork & Advanced Brickwork, and also did his VETASSESS in the UK as part of our visa process (which he has a certificate for) we understood by doing the VETASSESS, this 'converted' his UK qualifications into recognised Australian qualifications?!

Anyone confirm this for us please?

Thanks in advance gys

Jenny :emoticon-signxmas:

i wouldnt worry about it jenny, i got my TRA recognition through my city and guilds and work history, this was before sept 07 when they changed things and made brickies take the vetassess test, the vetassess is for the oz government and diac really, firms in oz will be much the same as here,i.e anyone knows who is a brickie or not after a couple of hours,i havnt had to do vetassess so havnt got the certificate,just my city and guilds, and im not bothered,dont fret,he will be sound.:biggrinxmas:

Guest brooksey

No unfortunatly they wont. It won't stop him working for another bricklayer but he wont be able to work for a company. It shouldn't be a worry for him as he will want to join a bricklaying gang at first anyway. Make sure he brings over refrences (as many as he can but at least three )Qualifications and photos of his work as if and when he wants to go self employed he will have to have his qualifications and work assesed again. $660 but you get it back. As well as taking a two day business course $330 and applying for his licence $450.

I'm in the middle of doing it for Carpentry and its a real pain in the a##e:madxmas: But us Carpenters work alone a lot and as i say hour oh will probably want to find work in a gang so he wont need a licence.

FMB are one place that do all the courses and accesing over hear.

Good luck:emoticon-signxmas:

thats all a suprise to me mate. but your there so you know best,im a bricky moving to adelaide and when i rang firms up to ask about work situ none of that was mentioned.that was as a self employed bricky btw, although im expecting to have to do a safety test at least,thx anyway

Archived