Time on ETA count towards 12-month requirement for de-facto?

Guest lesleyc73

Guest lesleyc73

Hi

My partner and I have been living together for 12 months, he was on a 457 work visa. He is British and I am Australian citizen. However, in the first five weeks when he moved here to live with me in Sydney, he was on a 3-month Business ETA. He was granted a 457 work visa 5 weeks after arrival as he was able to secure a job offer/employer sponsor during the first 5 weeks.

Can this first 5 weeks of him being here on Business ETA (albeit living with me) count towards the 12-month timeframe required for de-facto spouse visa application? Or do we have to start the counting of the 12 months from the date he was granted the 457 work visa?

Thanks.

Hi again,

Forgot to reply to this bit, I think the 5 weeks he was on an ETA will be fine to count towards the 12 month period. As long as you can prove he was living with you? (eg bills etc)

In case you were wondering, my OH and I submitted the following information as evidence: phone bills, council tax, rental agreements, joint home insurance, joint itineraries, bills in seperate names but at same address, gym memberships, holiday ticket stubs, joiint invitations to events, photos etc.

Hope this helps too!

:smilexmas:

Archived