State Sponsorship Perth SSV 176

Guest Joanne C-D

Guest Joanne C-D

Hi Everyone:emoticon-signxmas:

I wondered if anyone could enlighten me to the State Sponsorship visa 176? I filled mine online on the 29.11.08.

Unfortunatly, the information on the website is quite limited.

Does anybody know of or had experience of the SSV process? for example- does anyone know how long this process takes before we find out if they are/are not wanting to sponsor us?

And from the point of their decision, presuming it is good news.... what do we do next?

I was advised about this process, by someone on this forum and it was great to know there was an alternate route to getting a skilled visa (we were short of the 175 by 5 points, due to age:noxmas:). So Thank you very much again...

Any information/advise would be most appreciated!

Thanks

Hi Joanne,

We initially got state sponsorship from WA. They were really helpful and gave us a decision within about a week. The actual visa app can take anything up to about a year after that.

If you need any help or advice just ask away...........

We fly out to Perth in 2 weeks so cant wait now!

Hannah n Steve

Guest Joanne C-D

Thank you!

Thats Great, so hopefully we should be hearing somthing soon then???? The website gives very little away, unfortunatly..

I bet you can not wait!!! I wish it was us.

My parents go for 6 weeks to visit my nrother on the 29th, if I could fit in their suitcase, I would.

Did you have to wait a year, from getting the acceptance? I have read about so many people getting in within 6 month. I really hope we are one of those fortunate people.

Is it a case of sending the application in as I would of done for any other application?

Hi,

Yeah you should hear from them fairly soon then.

We gave up on our sponsored visa in the end. We waited 6 months without hearing anything so opted for an employer sponsored 457. My wife (Hannah) was then able to get her RRV visa (PR) reactivated which was good.

The main visa app is quite detailed but not too difficult. Like i said, if you need any help just ask.

We are both so excited to go now. My new employer has done so much for us and made things so much easier.

Cant wait to start our new adventure.....

Steve n Hannah

Guest Joanne C-D

Thank you Steve...

I have already filled the application form in online. It was at that point we realised we were 5 point short, hence having to apply for a SSV 176 visa. We had considered a employer sponsorship but would not have the first clue how to go about that.

It may end up being an option, should we not hear anything ourselves.

Thank you for your advise

Thank you Steve...

I have already filled the application form in online. It was at that point we realised we were 5 point short, hence having to apply for a SSV 176 visa. We had considered a employer sponsorship but would not have the first clue how to go about that.

It may end up being an option, should we not hear anything ourselves.

Thank you for your advise

Hi Joanne

We applied to WA for state sponsorship in August which only took around 3 weeks to come through. Once this had come through, we were then in a position to lodge our visa application, although we dawdled about a bit, and only lodged a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck with your state sponsorship - hopefully you will hear good news really soon.

Denise x

Hello Joanne-CD,

WA normally turn around their sponsorship applications pretty quickly (less than a month). They are good to talk to on the phone so give them a call if you are concerned.

You know that you can lodge your SC176 visa application now - you do not need to wait for the state sponsorship to come back (but ofcourse if you are rejected then you have a problem). if you're not in a hurry I'd advise waiting!

If WA approve your sponsorship they will send you a letter to sign and return to them - they will also ask for your TRN (which will be issued when you lodge your SC176 online). They will then send a Form1100 to DIAC and thats that.

I hope that helped!

Hi Everyone:emoticon-signxmas:

I wondered if anyone could enlighten me to the State Sponsorship visa 176? I filled mine online on the 29.11.08.

Unfortunatly, the information on the website is quite limited.

Does anybody know of or had experience of the SSV process? for example- does anyone know how long this process takes before we find out if they are/are not wanting to sponsor us?

And from the point of their decision, presuming it is good news.... what do we do next?

I was advised about this process, by someone on this forum and it was great to know there was an alternate route to getting a skilled visa (we were short of the 175 by 5 points, due to age:noxmas:). So Thank you very much again...

Any information/advise would be most appreciated!

Thanks

Hi Joanne,

We too applied for WA state sponsorship, as we were 5 points short due to age. I received the approval from them in under 10 days. I actually got the letter back in the email and then was able to proceed to do the 176 the same day I got back the approval.

The lady who was the contact for us at the WA state office is really great.

We received our 176 visa in under 4 months (we applied May 15th and received our visa on Sept 12th).

We frontloaded our meds and police checks, I don't know if that made a difference or not.

Now we are living in The Vines, in beautiful Swan Valley.

Good luck to you, and fingers crossed you hear something really soon.

Karen

Guest Joanne C-D

Hi Karen

Great to hear you have moved and loving your new country. I wish I could say the same... maybe soon??

You say you frontloaded your police and medicals? does that means you had them done and included them with the application?

I will have to look into contacting the WA State office, as it has now been 2 weeks and this seems quite long by their standards??? I am a little worried.

Thank you for your advise!!!

Joanne

x

Archived